Active Topics

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hi,

I m currently trying to fix the issue that come with qt4.6.

The context: i start the dev of a new texteditor using qt4.5 and pyqt. At the moment i have a really simple editor, in qt4.5 the fingerscrollable was working. Since i update to qt4.6 and last pyqt this doesn't work anymore.

I just use a qtextedit in a qframe. From what i understand from qt bug tracker it s not a bug to not have fingerscrollable QTextEdit widget but a feature ...

Maybe someone can help me ?

source are on http://gitorious.org/khteditor/
(the qtextedit is located in editor.py)

Other question : why my toolbar button isn t working too ?
(located in editor_window.py)

Thx a lot,

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
If you were using c++, you could use code of the imtk project. It looks like it supports kinetic scroll areas where you can put widgets inside.

http://gitorious.org/imtk/imtk/blobs...c/scrollarea.h

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow
I don't care about Maemo-related bugs from April 15th, because most of them have roots in buggy Qt 4.6.2. If they'll stay here after PR1.2, then I'll fix or work around them.

Anyway I can neither consider my applications stable nor promote it to extras-testing before it.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Toolbar works fine for me. I'm playing with the code right now, but I think there are some parenting issues going on.

[edit]
As per platform notes kinetic scrolling is implemented in all widgets that inherit from QAbstractKineticScroller

Have to head to work, else I'd whip up a patch for you.

Last edited by aspidites; 2010-05-18 at 19:44.

Hi i see your gitourious patch ...

Thx

What make me fear about the future of the use of Qt for things other than fart apps is things like that ...

http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/brows...mment-tabpanel

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
What make me fear about the future of the use of Qt for things other than fart apps is things like that ...

http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/brows...mment-tabpanel
What's the problem with that?
It seems to me that they answered the bug politely and handled the issue according to the specifications.

FingerScrollable works for me with the controls that it is intended to work with.

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-05-18 at 21:18.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
What's the problem with that?
It seems to me that they answered the bug politely and handled the issue according to the specifications.

FingerScrollable works for me with the controls that it is intended to work with.
It s working for you ? are you using Qt 4.6 ?

I didn't understand ...they answer that not having a fingerscrollable QTextEdit is a feature ... i didn't found that very polite as it was a working under 4.5 ... why removing it ...

This is like saying that user doesn't have to see files extensions so we remove it from all gtk dialog without letting dev to choose ... yeah right ... but one stupid case ... for a texteditor, oh i choose from my folder source.py or source.pyo ... you just see source and source

The case seems similar to me ... but maybe i didn't understand well ...

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
reading the documentation it seems the feature is available through inheritance and is just disabled by default. busy now but will look into this later