Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
MeeGo calling - on N900 - blog post on meego.com by Harri Hakulinen.
And let me cite one of the user comments:
I just want to talk about ponies, unicorns and colorful rainbows for hours! Yes, you made me that happy! ^^
Exactly my feelings

The Following 103 Users Say Thank You to arcticrobot For This Useful Post:
aanckar, aathava, adhrie, aironeous, AlMehdi, AMLJ, arnoldux, b-man, benny1967, bigears5000, boudjere, bunanson, c0rt3x, casper27, ceevee, cjp, crabsody, Crashdamage, Crogge, D4rKlar, Deaconclgi, digital909, elie-7, eme, eMiL, flydeep, generatorglukoff, gidyn, goemb, GreatGonzo, HellFlyer, Hellmur, inkirby, inuyasha0209, ioan, Janniman, jedi, John McClane, johnel, jukey, kevloral, klinglerware, kulas, lanwellon, lardman, Larzan, Lemonadium, lsolano, LucianoBraga, luiscesjr, maemoiv, Magik, Maj3stic, majesty, maluka, Marcus, Marklar, MartinK, marxian, mathiasp, MINKIN2, mmlado, neotalk, Netweaver, nikolajhendel, nishkarsh, nman, noal, OVK, P@t, patlak, peppe78, Pillum, pursueky, Rauha, riceboy, S0urcerr0r, Sasler, sbock, scribbles, seba, seerajesh, skalogre, smoothc, Sopwith, Stonik, strange1712, te37v, Texrat, ThomasAH, titi974, tomislav, travik, uvatbc, v13, weijie88, white_ranger, Wikiwide, yamakasi, yogi900, ZogG
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
how dare you post something positive. talk.maemo is only about farewell rants how the N900 didn't deliver, or arguments over how many times people have been disappointed over Nokia's abandonment of N900. this positivity must end now.

meego is not coming to N900.

ok, but it won't work.

so it might work, but the UI is going to suck.

well, if it doesn't suck, then i guess great, but you should've bought an andorid-based phone since everyone has one and it's not nokia.

and what's so special about meego anyway?

p.s. i will be dual booting to meego and it will be great. fanschmastic!

The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
how dare you post something positive. talk.maemo is only about farewell rants how the N900 didn't deliver, or arguments over how many times people have been disappointed over Nokia's abandonment of N900. this positivity must end now.

meego is not coming to N900.

ok, but it won't work.

so it might work, but the UI is going to suck.

well, if it doesn't suck, then i guess great, but you should've bought an andorid-based phone since everyone has one and it's not nokia.

and what's so special about meego anyway?

p.s. i will be dual booting to meego and it will be great. fanschmastic!
Your stupid trolling is not funny and if you're being sarcastic you're doing it wrong. Please go away

As for the news thanks for sharing arcticrobot

I especially liked this part

The PR 1.3 update is quite close now, and with that you can easily dual boot between Maemo and Meego on your N900.

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
wow.. triple booting of maemo, meego, and android. That would be awesome!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
Very good news easy dualbooting provided from Nokia since PR 1.3 is their official release.. damn where are all the whine trolls now

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Cut 'im some slack, Mr. Flyer, Ya' know? Coo' down. No need t'get aggressive, man.

btw, this thread should be merged with http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62056&page=38 as the blog posting was already discussed there.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Very good news easy dualbooting provided from Nokia since PR 1.3 is their official release.. damn where are all the whine trolls now
would you lke to start it?? fosho we'll see that soon..

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
sorry to hurt your feelings. and i appreciate the pointer how not to do sarcasm; i'll keep that in mind on this and my follow-up posts. unfortunately, now that you told me to go away, i'll have to do the exact opposite

meego is fun (have had it on a netbook for months) and i'm excited that there's some positive "official" communication regarding meego and N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Amazingly good news! I am excited to hear that Maemo is moving forward with PR1.3 AND further Meego development. It sounds like there are N900 fans with high positions at Nokia that see the value in not letting the N900 become a lost cause.

The Following User Says Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego