Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I think he/she is talking about getting it in to these shortcuts

Patchmanage-EventView-Controls

Patchmanager-eventview-controls Screenshot

I am not sure how he customized and got all these shortcuts in the control center, but having all this plus the flash light will be great.

Update: Sorry, I forgot you can press and hold any option in settings and add/remove to favorites to customize the control center shortcuts.

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2014-04-18 at 17:46.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Yes, that's what I'm saying - that is exactly how it works!
Just found out how it actually can also instantaneously.

Reason why it didn't work for me straight away was that you can actually make two shortcuts for this plugin. If you make the shortcut from the main settings page, it will work as I described in my previous post.

However, if you make the shortcut inside from the actual torch plugin, it will work has Nodevel described in his earlier post and turn on/off instantaneusly just like the wlan-shortcut for example

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
And it works the same on the WLAN toggle. There you can add both too. You just forgot how it works since you first set it.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Curious, mine does not work this way.

I created a shortcut from setting app. Now have the torch icon at my control center. I swipe for control center, click the torch icon. A new window opens and from there I click and the torch comes on. I can't find any setting or something that would change behavior so that torch would come on directly by clicking the torch shortcut
Here the same got the shortcut but clicking on in open a second page just like lokation.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
How and were to do this?

if you make the shortcut inside from the actual torch plugin, it will work has Nodevel described in his earlier post and turn on/off instantaneusly just like the wlan-shortcut for example

thx

Got it!

Last edited by EyeVisions; 2014-04-18 at 18:35.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
What is the problem? It works exactly like you describe.
Yes sorry my bad. I figure out how to deal with it .

Thanks for the head up

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Together had the answer

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
This is not exactly related to flashlight, rather to settings plugin system, but I'll just put it out here.

I was thinking of creating a plugin for sound recorder. I need to often start recording (lectures, seminars at school) as fast as possible and having a plugin in the events view control center would be a great way to achieve this.

When switched, it would start recording (according to options in the settings, like naming scheme, format, folder), when switched again, it would stop. No pause functionality, just a start and a stop.

It would be great to have an indicator present on the lockcreen as well (like bluetooth, silent mode, etc), but that is of secondary importance.

I had started some initial work on this, but 1) currently don't have the time 2) need some time to master C++. So if somebody (Sfiet_Konstantin wink wink ) is interested in this idea, it shouldn't be that hard to implement, as the source code for a Recorder app is already out there:
https://github.com/cornedor/sailfish-recorder

Could the icon for torch on the cover of settings be made a bit smaller?
See https://together.jolla.com/question/...-settings-app/ for the reason ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to gexc For This Useful Post: