Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United Kingdom
Ok guys, i just got my hands on one, i was trying to keep an open mind and i have to say the feel of it in your hand is just a little too cheap for me. I think the 3gs is much nicer. Though it was satisfying to open it up and finger smudge it up! The OS is nice and snappy though, but not overly different to anything we have seen before....

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I've just updated my jailbroken (3GS) OS3.1.2 to a jailbroken OS4.0...
So far no visible bugs.. all my data are carried over...

Will be trying gps tracking soon (gpx) that makes use of background gps activity, will see how much power diarrhea that incurs...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ planet earth i guess
hi

how did you jailbreak it - i tried redsnow but it does not like the firmware file ?

ciao

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by -miniME- View Post
how did you jailbreak it - i tried redsnow but it does not like the firmware file ?
Pwnage Tool will do iOS4.

Originally Posted by Bec
-BS! BS! BS! I've dissembled BT antennas and WIFI antennas and let me tell you there's nothing like a steel rim about them.
Actually, this isn't BS. The outer band is stainless steel and pull double duty as antennas.

Originally Posted by Bec
-ever heard about Super AMOLED
They'll get compared once the Samsung Galaxy S comes out. That's a comparison I'm waiting to see.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Actually, this isn't BS. The outer band is stainless steel and pull double duty as antennas.
yes it is. either the outer rim isn't actually the antenna or it will be the worst antenna of any phone. You cannot have an antenna out in the open where the user can touch it and expect a good result.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
They'll get compared once the Samsung Galaxy S comes out. That's a comparison I'm waiting to see.
is the iphone 4 out? They did a preview of both didn't they?
AFAIK they both release this month Galaxy S in the UK even sooner. calling it the best screen you could get on a phone when you can't get the phone yet and there is a better screen already is rather silly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
I also don't like the connectivity part. Apple keeps insisting on that huge dumb dock. Well the least they could do is make it HDMI-capable.

Best thing, IMHO, would be to replace it with a full size USB port (female). It would take the same space and the possibilities would be literally endless!
-OTG
-Host
-And new TVs can read media directly so it would replace HDMI.

All you'd need would be a female-female cable that is available at any electronics/pc/hardware store.
The first company to do this will receive the BEC brilliance award

Originally Posted by Cue View Post

is the iphone 4 out? .
yup. it is

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
I also don't like the connectivity part. Apple keeps insisting on that huge dumb dock. Well the least they could do is make it HDMI-capable.

Best thing, IMHO, would be to replace it with a full size USB port (female). It would take the same space and the possibilities would be literally endless!
-OTG
-Host
-And new TVs can read media directly so it would replace HDMI.

All you'd need would be a female-female cable that is available at any electronics/pc/hardware store.
The first company to do this will receive the BEC brilliance award

not much point of usb host or otg on iphone as there isnt really an accessible file system, so it is not like you could copy files back and forth. jailbreak blah blah

Nah but they would make an app for that and probably an adapter with a custom chip for that app... bla bla you get the drift. I'd pay for one of those

Aaanyway... guess what I've found

http://bit.ly/aiWjrU there's 3 articles that completely demolish the screen

While I don't care about the second and third the first is getting on my nerves (((

They said it was glass and they've said scratch proof((

WTF apple???? 's plenty of BS but now even the screen????????

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Nah but they would make an app for that and probably an adapter with a custom chip for that app... bla bla you get the drift. I'd pay for one of those

Aaanyway... guess what I've found

http://bit.ly/aiWjrU there's 3 articles that completely demolish the screen

While I don't care about the second and third the first is getting on my nerves (((

They said it was glass and they've said scratch proof((

WTF apple???? 's plenty of BS but now even the screen????????
the one about "iPhone`s "ultra durable" screen shatters before launch"
Was a empty iphone as it it was just the shell with no insides. so this test they done is invalid

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever