Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Here are some stats of talk.maemo.org which I'm collecting for about two months now. During that period:
  • More than 4.000 new threads were created
  • About 80.000 posts were sent
  • More than 4.000 new users were registered

The graphs are attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by v13; 2010-01-06 at 14:00.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Cool post. As a new user, im proud to be in your awesome community, for an awesome device.

I have always been a fan of Nokia's, having owned the Wonderful 8850, 8800, N95 and many other older phone.

Its awesome to have the N900. Best phone on the market today.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
User count is often overstated on talk.maemo.org. When I was working with Reggie on helping people link their talk.maemo.org account with their maemo.org profile about 50% of the ~26,000 accounts were removed/inactive/disabled due to spammage.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
User count is often overstated on talk.maemo.org. When I was working with Reggie on helping people link their talk.maemo.org account with their maemo.org profile about 50% of the ~26,000 accounts were removed/inactive/disabled due to spammage.
Thanks for the tip.

FWIW: I started collecting the stats in order to monitor the way N900 is deployed and used worldwide. This was based on the assumption that the number of users (and developers) will be a fraction (or a function) of N900 sells. In a year from now it will be possible to see how posts and users change over time (the slope of the lines at each point in time) and perhaps jump to some conclusions.

For example, I expect to see the slope of posts rise become larger than the slope of members during January. While currently, each new member roughly corresponds to a new thread, I guess that existing members will continue being active and new members will keep that ratio. Then again, that's only a guess...

Talk just bust its concurrency record again yesterday. And gone through the 30K registered users (though appreciate comments above).

I also find interesting that the ratio Visitors to Members has increased now to roughly 4 to 1.

Some quick server usage stats (as of today):

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
BAM!......
I wish I had a nickle...

SLN member # 009

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Yeah, usage stats are much more valuable than sheer account numbers...