Poll: How many working N900 do you currently own? (not had)
Poll Options
How many working N900 do you currently own? (not had)

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Only one too, if i could i would buy all N900's around me...
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
I have two now. For a long time I thought I needed to buy a second one and they finally got cheap enough that I couldn't resist. Only one SIM card so the other is used mostly for music and stuff, but ready to step in if my primary N900 dies (I don't have any other type of phone).

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Own three working units. One for daily use, another to mess around with new stuff and a third as backup for the other two.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Three, but only because initially my first N900 experienced the Telephony Functions Are Disabled error, and then I got my second one, and then eventually my second N900 experienced the same thing, so I got my third.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
One and only one From the very beginning. Still running great, nothing broken, looks like new

The Following User Says Thank You to mrk88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Three N900.

The cellular connectivity and wifi modules of my first one broke down, so I turned it into a homeserver by hooking up an ethernet adapter and a hard drive, which required some custom cabling to hook it all up together without either the N900 or the hard drive dying because of low power.
It hosts a website, has mpd (hooked up to a big stereo set) and shares content (mostly family photos) from the hard drive with DLNA.

The second one was a fine replacement, but a short while ago the USB broke off and I was unable to solder it back in place, which rendered it incapable of being my day-to-day phone.
I hooked up two BL-5J batteries and a li-ion charger in series to the N900 to keep it charged at all times, shoved it into a small replacement shell and hooked it up to my television set, where it now acts as a retro emulator (mostly PS1, NES, SNES, Genesis).
To control it from the couch, I wrote my own sixaxis control scheme which enables me to control the mouse pointer with the right analog stick (and I added the ability to click, of course, by pressing R3). To actually have a visible mouse pointer, I extracted a program from freemangordon's extmouse and made it run on startup.

The third is my current phone. The fact that is, actually saddens me greatly - since the N900, no other phone satisfies my needs. My girlfriend has a Galaxy Note, which is a nice piece of hardware, but she can't even play a music video on YouTube and chat with me at the same time with that thing... "Smartphone".
Looking forward to Jolla breaking the current monopoly that is Android and iOS!

I love the N900 and I actively use all three of mine on a daily basis.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
im having one but im considering buying another when i will start studying C++.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Australia
I have two. One as my daily phone and the other to play with. I picked up the second one for $60.00 on Ebay in excellent condition so I had to get it