Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,177 | Thanked: 3,947 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#41
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Many forumers have forgotten the good old wifi passwords cracking app. Aircrack

Want to see it on SailfishOS
https://build.merproject.org/package...ls/aircrack-ng
__________________
You can still support my work by donation - click here

ETH: 0xFcD031609DB739C62730589361940C68ceEbC913
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,177 | Thanked: 3,947 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#42
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
owncloud (cloud sharing)
firefox (browser + plugins)
fbreader (epud reader)
kodi (media player)
hashdroid (md5 generator)
truecrypt (container encryption)
Truecrypt you find here
https://build.merproject.org/package...uecrypt?rev=43
__________________
You can still support my work by donation - click here

ETH: 0xFcD031609DB739C62730589361940C68ceEbC913
 

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Oct 2013
#43
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree that integration is the way to go, instead of apps, I don't think such requests belong to this thread (there are already some on the list and I don't think they belong there either).

In my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong), this thread should provide a source of inspiration to anyone with some developing skills. Proposals for changes in SailfishOS cannot be picked by anyone to implement (except for the Browser, Document viewer etc., but it's not that easy either), so these proposals belong to TJC.

Just my 2c.
Adding my cents:
"Anyone with some developing skills" can also use the skills on contributing to open source parts of Sailfish. E.g. instant messaging stuff is all open source except the QML. If the community fixes the middleware parts, I'm quite sure Jolla will find the time to fix the QML to utilize the upgraded middleware.

This is also the approach I've chosen my self. Though Telepathy on Sailfish might deserve a thread of its own and thus should not be discussed here.
 

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
beobachter's Avatar
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Aug 2011
#44
Firefox / Vidalia TOR / Box.com / Pocket / FBReader / Telegram / Spotify / Freeletics
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,056 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
#45
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
A RSS reader that load full content of news. Have not seen one in Jolla store and openrepos
TTRSS does this though you do need your own TinyTinyRSS server to connect to.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
OVK's Avatar
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 899 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
#46
I would like something that converts the "partner space" to a "widget space". So that you could use in Jolla tablet the "third screen" as a place for widgets.

I miss widgets from my N900
__________________
Hattivattein lauma sankka suur!
 

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 705 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on May 2011
#47
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I would like something that converts the "partner space" to a "widget space". So that you could use in Jolla tablet the "third screen" as a place for widgets.

I miss widgets from my N900
And aslo an option to hide that partner space. So only two-page home screen views
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 736 | Thanked: 809 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
#48
Shazam, SoundHound like apps
__________________
www.sailfishmods.de
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
ste-phan's Avatar
Posts: 1,120 | Thanked: 2,473 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
#49
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree that integration is the way to go, instead of apps, I don't think such requests belong to this thread (there are already some on the list and I don't think they belong there either).

In my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong), this thread should provide a source of inspiration to anyone with some developing skills. Proposals for changes in SailfishOS cannot be picked by anyone to implement (except for the Browser, Document viewer etc., but it's not that easy either), so these proposals belong to TJC.

Just my 2c.
Agree but, on the other hand, I would like to remind eager developers that some basic Nokia classics like SIP should better be integrated, so instead developing something stand alone, they may join the waiting crowd and express impatience towards Jolla to offer the missing bits to connect already available SIP framework to accounts and to telephone UI.

Example of best of both worlds is the CSipSimple application on Android, you have an option to integrate or use as standalone. How great is that?
 
ste-phan's Avatar
Posts: 1,120 | Thanked: 2,473 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
#50
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Truecrypt you find here
https://build.merproject.org/package...uecrypt?rev=43
Could somebody explain why to bother with Truecrypt since it has been "compromised" about year ago?

There is another Scandinavian company we might write asking them to also develop their software for Sailfish: http://www.jetico.com/

I use their Personal Firewall to make sure Windows 7 / 8 behaves.
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55.