Originally Posted by xes View Post
.."dozens" ?? Wtf??
[OT] I'm testing/developing (the latter mostly on hardware side) many things, that results in device shutting down not-nice way. Most of the times, recovering journal for a file system is enough, but often, something else is broken and fsck attempts to repair it.

Here comes a problem - all ext* fsck tools just doesn't work well for flash, if anything above journal recovery is needed. It gets confused, and attempt by fsck to repair even a minor glitch, results in making filesystem a total FUBAR.

Thats why I disabled all automatic fsck tests, and after every bad shutdown, I do fsck manually, from recovery shell. If recovering journal isn't enough, I create a backupmenu backup (which just skip broken files on read errors - of course I keep track on what got lost), then re-create filesystem from scratch on given partition, and restore backup.

AFAIK, it's the only way to have a healthy filesystem in case of something getting ugly. Regular fsck routines are of no use for us. [/OT]

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
New version of kernel-power-settings (0.17). In this version is removed EARLY_SSH support because it calling getbootstate (increasing reboot counter and can cause MALF) and removed FSCK_HOME pre-mount hook script from /etc/default/mount-opts (which is horrible hack and could cause problems in future CSSU updates where will be optional static /etc/fstab support).

I think that EARLY_SSH support is not used and can be easy replaced by BootMenu usb network. FSCK_HOME option via pre-mount hook forced calling fsck before mounting /home. This feature will be supported in future by CSSU.

Please test if everyting working fine (install, upgrade, remove, ...). If there is no problem I will push this package to Maemo Extras-devel and start/finish implementing optional fsck and static fstab file support for CSSU.

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...0.17_armel.deb

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I can't find kp52 or kp52-zImage in repository. when I 've tried to flash my kernel I 've got kp51r1. pls advice how to upgrade to kp52?

kernel-power v52 is in extras-devel repository (it is written in first post)

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
If there is no problems with kernel-power-settings 0.17 (new version) I will push it to extras-devel in next days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i will check latest version of kernel-power-settings and will report after testing. Thanks for the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by pali View Post
If there is no problems with kernel-power-settings 0.17 (new version) I will push it to extras-devel in next days.
Appears to upgrade just fine. Changes configs just fine. Device boots fine.

Thanks for all your work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
I didn't faced any installing, upgrading and removing problem in latest kernel-power-settings. and also no problem in changing kernel profile, locking and unlocking frequency.

and also i removed it and reinstalled it without any problem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Ok, then going to push it into Extras-Devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Got continuous reboot with yellow light after this update.

And http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php doesn't seem to be working no more. Anyone can guide me where I can get flasher and firmware other than there?
Thanks.

EDIT: nvm, found this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78477&page=7

Last edited by ekze; 2013-05-08 at 10:11.

Tags
kernel, kernel-power, kernel-power52