Notices

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by hood View Post
Is it possible to disable the keyboard appearance?
And how can I centered screen?
There is a midlet settings application where you can disable the native virtual keyboard.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with the centered scree. Are you referring to fixed size resolution midlets that do not run full-screen?

Davy

Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
There is a midlet settings application where you can disable the native virtual keyboard.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with the centered scree. Are you referring to fixed size resolution midlets that do not run full-screen?

Davy
I'm afraid this option has no vissible effect for me. When i press and hold screen keyboard is appear in anyway and any applet.

About center screen. Some games displays not centered but left up corned. In fullscreen of course.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
I'm afraid this option has no vissible effect for me. When i press and hold screen keyboard is appear in anyway and any applet.
Confirmed. This might be a bug in the midlet settings app.

About center screen. Some games displays not centered but left up corned. In fullscreen of course.
This often happens with midlets designed for a particular feature phone with a hard coded resolution. I have looked at this when I was investigating a related issue (one that would rescale the midlet to use most of the available display space). I implemented software scaling by resizing the midlet with a factor 2,3 or 4 (for midlets with a hardcoded resolution of 128x160, 240x320 or 240x400 pixels) and then centralizing the resized midlet canvas, but rendering speed became slow. I need to investigate how to use a HW accelerated method to take care of this.

Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
Confirmed. This might be a bug in the midlet settings app.

This often happens with midlets designed for a particular feature phone with a hard coded resolution. I have looked at this when I was investigating a related issue (one that would rescale the midlet to use most of the available display space). I implemented software scaling by resizing the midlet with a factor 2,3 or 4 (for midlets with a hardcoded resolution of 128x160, 240x320 or 240x400 pixels) and then centralizing the resized midlet canvas, but rendering speed became slow. I need to investigate how to use a HW accelerated method to take care of this.

Davy
Thank you. Anyway Your job is brilliance

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Davy

First I would like to thank you for this great project.
I have some questions; I use a chatting application (mig33), and the bottom options bar is covering every new message I'm getting. My question is; is there any way I could disable it or hide it?

Also, is there any support for Arabic language?

Thanks in advance.
mlwane

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
is it possible we run Viber for S40 ( jar ) on N9 ?
http://store.ovi.com/content/310695

The Following User Says Thank You to farfary For This Useful Post:
Hello forum, is there any means that i can be able to install 2go app on my n900.............. somebody please tell me if i can.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Why don't you simply try it? (another "free" mobile messenger... )

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by www.smogonline View Post
Hello forum, is there any means that i can be able to install 2go app on my n900.............. somebody please tell me if i can.
Yes, you can. I have it on my N900, though I never use it.

mlwane

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
DavyP, I tried to run a "contact-backup midlet" from Vodafone (since there is no MeeGo version, there is only a java version for the Nokia section)
This is actually a bit important, because I can call dutch Vodafone phonenumbers for free, with this midlet, I can also see who uses Vodafone.

I tried to run the midlet, but it gives me some errors.
The output that I get is only:
REPORT: <level:2> <channel:1000> MIDlet class not found.

jad file of the midlet:
http://contacten.vodafone.nl/cl/J2ME-VS/install.jad

Ive inspected the jad file, and I found out that the jar file is located at:
http://contacten.vodafone.nl/cl/J2ME..._2.0.1.0.3.jar

Hope that you can help me with this one!