Wireless is now working for me now that I have the non-debugging kernel enabled.

adb works just fine for me, not sure what that issue is about. Build seems fast to me, if a bit longer to boot. The power updates are great, having it report battery power is pretty nice.

Problem I am having is, cookies still do not work in the browser. Not sure what is up with that. Anyone having the same issue?

I reloaded the system from scratch (new fs on the card, etc) to make sure that I don't have some carry over incompatibility.

Great work on this. I check the thread daily for updates.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
jogorman, the cookies don't work for some reason.

The new release seems slower but smoother... Looks like I am still having that DNS problem. Very good though, almost complete.

And time works! Yeah!!!

Just wondering, how come the EEE PC port took such a little time, when this is taking longer. Are x86 systems easier to work with?

Problems: My computer did not boot when N810 was attached via USB.

adb is not working under windows. It looks like Android is identifing itself as a "USB composite device", which is stupid. How do I enable adb back on the N810?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2009-01-03 at 01:46.

solca:

Can you update the links on your page with the latest patch - kernel and user, as well as the latest kernel.config?

Thanks
Awesome work!!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Ok, got adb working in Linux, you just need to enable USB debugging (sigh)... This was in DevTools before, looks like it got moved...

Trying windows now... Yes it works...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2009-01-03 at 07:35.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
This embedding the ram fs in the kernel will probably have problems with 770, since you can only have a kernel up to 2MB. How exactly is it done and where can i get the init?
When you finish compiling Android there is a ramdisk.img file which contains everything in the rootdir.

But I'll include everything in the next tarball as before just that will be unused by N8x0 devices as these will continue using the initramfs aproach.

Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
For some reason I find this release to be slower. Is there a reason why Android seems so much more sluggish than Maemo? Is it because it is running off the flash card?
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
I feel it is slower to boot up than earlier version
I found the cause, I didn't use the correct compiler. Will fix for the next release.

Originally Posted by jogorman View Post
Problem I am having is, cookies still do not work in the browser. Not sure what is up with that. Anyone having the same issue?
Cookies don't work since Google update the browser to the november webkit.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Just wondering, how come the EEE PC port took such a little time, when this is taking longer. Are x86 systems easier to work with?
The EEE hardware have open source Linux drivers that follow standard Linux APIs that don't require binary blobs to work. The NITs require propietary binary daemons (dsme, bme, kicker) to function, it's open source drivers for basic things like Tahvo and Retu ASICs don't expose standard APIs and just modify directly registers, all the real thing is done in userspace and obfuscated by the propietary daemons.

It's a day and night difference, although it could be much worse, it seems Nokia close the door to other OSes than Maemo.

Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
solca:

Can you update the links on your page with the latest patch - kernel and user, as well as the latest kernel.config?
I update all source patches at the same time as the precompiled downloads or I'm missing something?

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Ok, got adb working in Linux, you just need to enable USB debugging (sigh)... This was in DevTools before, looks like it got moved...
The normal kernel have adb disabled by default, you have to enable it in settings as any normal Android device, the debugging kernel have it enabled by default.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by solca View Post
Cookies don't work since Google update the browser to the november webkit.
Yes, WebKit has its own share of issues... In the WebKit in default browser thread Pronvit mentioned how you can use libcurl to handle cookies, maybe that will help?

After a clean installation, all seem working properly. There must be some directory permission or ownership issues with my previous environment.

But the ro.secure=1 seems to have disabled all the fun of owning the NIT.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by chyang View Post
But the ro.secure=1 seems to have disabled all the fun of owning the NIT.
Yes, added to my checklist before releasing...

Originally Posted by solca View Post
I update all source patches at the same time as the precompiled downloads or I'm missing something?
Has the kernel patch not changed then? I have kept each file as you have updated and diffed the old one vs the new one and there are no differences.

@Solca & Bundyo: Really great work guys, I've been playing with android and I have wanted to get it working on my n770.

Solca, your n770 debug kernel image fails with that annoying fading nokia screen and restarts.
Bundyo, both of your images get to the verbose linux output bootup screen and successfully mounts my mmc, but fails with:

Code:
Kernel panic - not syncing; No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
It has successfully mounted my ext3 partition as readonly root.

There were are few command timeouts for mmci-omap for CMD5 and CMD55, and one for CMD8.

I'm using the current android rootfs image from Solca's site. I tried changing permissions in Ubuntu to read and write, but it's still being read as read-only.

Again great work guys, and kudos to you bundyo for getting this far with the n770, all of my attempted compiles have ended like Solca's, with the fading nokia splash.

Last edited by stelleg151; 2009-01-04 at 23:08. Reason: cleaned up

Tags
android, nitdroid