duh! lo tnx :d

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Become root:
Code:
sudo gainroot
then install:
Code:
dpkg -i libpulse0_0.9.15_1maemo38_0m5_armel.deb
Or visit this thread from your phone and click on one of the download links and select "open with App. manager".

But perhaps I should also point out that installing experimental packages which haven't even made it to a repository yet might not be what someone who considers themselves a noob wants to do. Not that there is much danger in installing this particular package. :-)

--Brad

The Following User Says Thank You to brad112358 For This Useful Post:
ya, i forgot to go root lol, tested it btw and works great when using loudspeaker!! i can hear everything with no additional "noise"

great job!!

So does it solve the main problem even after a few days of testing without bringing new problems in?

HELP!!
How can I uninstall it??

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
PUNK: Read the thread, please.

Report nr 2, after reflash:

* Definite improvement, now at 48 hours with no reverting of ringtone, muted tones, etc

* Definite improvement, on stock and headphones I can't even open browser with no choke. With the patch, browser is no match. I even did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade with a single stutter of maybe 100 ms. Large buffer apps, like Instinctiv are unchokable.

* Definite improvement, I can now load the OS to the point where the touch no longer clicks and audio still plays.

I am still keeping an ear out for audio issues.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
work for now..... but it did get unusual at one moment after i installed all packages... it says that my sim card was not present, and after a reboot too... so i had to remove battery, and take out sim, an put it back... for now, it work all like it shoul work

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
seems good for me so far.
overclocked to 800MHz, added swapolube then the pulseaudio
seems much better, although it still goes a bit funky on charging, apart from that (which isn't exactly a big issue) my n900 seems sweet!

cheers

apparenlty doesn't fix double post bug ^^

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Seems like I spoke too soon. After plugging it to the charger, the woosh sound got stuck on a very short (100 ms?) loop. As more sounds happened, the new sound replaced the loop, e.g. tapping the screen made the sound go cl-cl-cl-cl, and a notification popping up made it go sh-sh-sh (from the woosh).

Stopped after reboot.

System was under load and charging. Still, if that's the only issue, it's still worth it. Will keep testing.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.