Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Well, this is stupid. How do you "win" without actually releasing the app? The contest submission was due by June 10th, so it's been collecting dust for the THREE MONTHS (wtf?) it took to judge the contest, and we're still waiting to see this in the Ovi store after that?

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ the Netherlands
I guess Fabian is still contemplating if he should ask money for it or not. That's to say if this rumour (mentioned in above the video in this blog post) is true in any way.

Then again he received some price money now so that idea might just change.

Michel

Last edited by mivaho; 2010-10-01 at 09:16.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I don't have a problem with paying for such a great application. So if he wants to earn money with stellarium, why not. Just hope he is selling stellarium mobile, soon and for a fair price. If he decides to give it away for free, I would donate for it anyway.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I don't have a problem with paying for such a great application. So if he wants to earn money with stellarium, why not. Just hope he is selling stellarium mobile, soon and for a fair price. If he decides to give it away for free, I would donate for it anyway.
+1 on all that.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Well, he's just got $25,000 for it. That's more than anyone else gets for a Maemo application for donations; either release it into Ovi or release it into Extras. Just release it!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I've managed to get this sorted out now, and have just uploaded 0.10.5-2 which makes the Config & View panes scrollable (just drag the content around within the frame), allowing access to all the options.
I have a simple patch that makes the View and Configuration windows more small-screen-friendly (screenshots). Are you interested in testing it and updating the package?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Daggerstab View Post
I have a simple patch that makes the View and Configuration windows more small-screen-friendly (screenshots). Are you interested in testing it and updating the package?
Sure - the current kludge was really just to avoid redesigning the UI. If you've got something that works better then I'll be happy to take a look.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Sorry for the delay.

I had to check out some of the code of 0.10.5 first in order to make a diff (the development version has some changes to the interface).

The patch is attached. I'm afraid it's rooted in the /src/gui directory. I had to add the .txt extension to attach it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gui_patch_agains_0-10-5_01.diff.txt (17.6 KB, 118 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daggerstab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Daggerstab View Post
Sorry for the delay.

I had to check out some of the code of 0.10.5 first in order to make a diff (the development version has some changes to the interface).

The patch is attached. I'm afraid it's rooted in the /src/gui directory. I had to add the .txt extension to attach it.
Instructions for implementing this would be much appreciated.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Well, he's just got $25,000 for it. That's more than anyone else gets for a Maemo application for donations; either release it into Ovi or release it into Extras. Just release it!
Or return the dang money so another, more accessible app can feel the love.

Wasn't source submitted for this contest? If so, how was it licensed?

SLN member # 009