Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by floyd03 View Post
?When I did this , now I don`t have 16 gb , I have 9 gb, Whay?
You always had 9GB as mass storage... Check in Settings->Device->Data Storage the values they sum up to be 16GB...If not post them here...

I see is to little ,and n9 do not have micro card.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Hi, this is the second brand new battery (BV5JW I buy for my N9 but when I replace it, it won't charge. So the residual juice that comes in the new battery eventually dries out and it wont boot or charge again.

Clearly, it is not a problem with the new batteries being defective, as they were bought from different places, however my N9 does not want to recognize the new ones for some reason. When I put back the old one, it boots and charges normally.

I feel like I am being very stupid in here but I looked for other threads and I could not find anything related to my problem other than this one. Any idea of what is going wrong? Has anybody replaced their battery in their N9 successfully?

by the way, I tried the methods recommended in this post, but none of the work.

Thanks

^ I bump you in desperation...

I think your usb port should be dead. Is it being recognised on pc?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chai View Post
I think your usb port should be dead. Is it being recognised on pc?
It is not the usb port, If I put back the old battery, it charges again (the led blinks), but it wont happen with the newer batteries (led off all time). So I believe it must be something else.

I wonder if the phone does not recognize the old battery it wont charge any other like if the battery would not be present or something. Has anybody successfully replaced their N9 battery before?

I have a problem whit nokia n9.
I have on n9 android 4.1.1. everthing is working ok, only Headset is not working when I try to call somebody whit regular call(sim call).
It's weird because skype and viber working ok only sim call not working.
Does anyone know why.

I have on n9 android 4.1.1.
sim call not working.
Calling from Nitdroid is still work in progress, as mentioned in the 4.1.1 announcement.

And hello,

Bumping this thread because I have a similar problem to OP's – N9 won't boot, LED does not flash, is undetected via USB.

I have tried the guide on everythingn9, but with no avail (on Win7 Enterprise):
  • Navifirm can't connect to firmware server (auth error, have to get back on this because I am at work atm)
  • Flasher won't start

Luckily I found the flashing N9 wiki via search. I shall keep you posted with progress.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Catalonia
I have let my N9, with nitdroid installed to my little daughter to play with, so every week or so I have to use flasher to refill its drained out battery. I used the proces few times without problems.
But this week it doesn't work anymore.

Instead of telling me the tipical "phone at 0%" and start charging untill it gets 11% (control-z let you charge to 100% without installing anything), it returns what i print bellow.

The led don't turn solid white, but blinking solid white.

Have anybody find a workaround?

Any clue?

LOG:
====

# flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 5 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Picked ape-algo from a FIASCO file
Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 001, device address 013.
Device identifier: 357923040151864 (SN: N/A)
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1507
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_006
Sending ape-algo image (7096 kB)...
100% (7096 of 7096 kB, avg. 25619 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Catalonia
SOLVED: (I reply myself)

I ran the one kernel command instead of the dualbooting one and now it is charging.

flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R

My N9 runs both meego and nitdroid. I hope nothing got mixed up. I stopped the process (control+z) at 1% of battery level, so flasher should not have copied anything to the phone yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epertinez For This Useful Post: