A Dell Streak 5 with the ability to run Maemo would be a great phone for me if not perfect. Being able to go back and forth between the Android OS and Maemo on the screen screen real estate would be a amazing.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Theres no such thing as a perfect phone
Incorrect my friend, the perfect mobile phone is out there - it's the Sumsing Turbo 3000 Xi Multitask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIOIM6hHBk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
My ideal phone is a clamshell with big screen and kbd inside plus smsmall screen outside (like the nokia e90), with open bootloader, open source drivers for hw, running Debian

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
My ideal phone is a clamshell with big screen and kbd inside plus smsmall screen outside (like the nokia e90), with open bootloader, open source drivers for hw, running Debian
I also miss this clamshell concept. I had both the 9300 and E90. Still have both of em actually. Not to mention the HTC Universal which is also clamshell but swivels like a tablet/notebook. If they could make a device like this which had Maemo/Android and even Wp7 on it I would be all over it. I believe the Maemo/Android would be the better match with the dual screens I believe it will just work so much better and more fluent. If I S60v3 wasn't so dead I would use my E90 much more than I currently do. At any note though Nokia needs to use all of it's resources and use that to it's advantage. I still think dual booting Maemo on their devices is the way to go. If they will treat it as an experimental OS thats a good way to get it out to the masses. Maybe not do it on every device but on their flagship devices it would be a def plus. Especially if they just implemented it on a sd card or partial partition of the device for speed.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Well, that's not a replacement I am looking for but if you describe it so, you may consider:

I don't like to have(or even consider) such phone though.
Now, that is pure perfection

nokia w97 is like the copy of N900 for the design right?

HTC Universal was best form factor IMO....just need it to be a bit thinner/lighter with better hardware specs.... and OS.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
What do you want from a phone?

It occured to me that what I want is:
An N900 with:
Sligthly larger screen, maybe more pixels as well.
Longer battery life, much longer.
Better keyboard
Full mobile functionality (MMS)
Better looks.

I use it for internet and the usual mobile technology. Gaming and stuff that requires CPU/GPU HP is really uninteresting. Why doesn't anyone make such a device? Am I the only one?

That is why we need a personalized phone store, where you can build your own phone, just like you can build your own sneakers

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I honestly don't like the above idea of a 5-row keyboard. You're typing on that thing with your thumbs - that takes a LOT of thumb traversing to cover.

(And on a Win 7 phone, all those extra buttons have so much remappable space wasted, since I doubt that phone would let power users remap the keyboard. Which means all those extra buttons that could've had an extra character are just idly wasting that potential, because some people got into their heads that the standard qwerty layout is the only right way to do a keyboard, even when qwerty was made for typewriters for the entire hand and this is a phone the keyboard of which is likely to be used with just thumbs.)

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
That is why we need a personalized phone store, where you can build your own phone, just like you can build your own sneakers

I totally agree imagine if Nokia gave us the choice of what we wanted on the phone. That would be great. I bet they would get a good amount of users attention for that choice.