Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Hello

I suddenly found a new available OS version, not yet installed on my X or X10 II.
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/relea...rla-4-2-0/7092

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The first observation - the menu that pops up when you tap on a YouTube comment (the one that lets you to like/dislike/reply/etc) pops up first, then half a second later jumps up on the screen. The result: I end up tapping "dislike" when I mean "like".

The second observation - the list of open Browser tabs has changed. I'm not so hot on the new layout, but I can get used to it.

The third observation - the network connection is much les stable than before. I need to restart network in Utilities at least three times a day.

Other than that, no real change observed. Not sure what the point of the update was.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Other than that, no real change observed. Not sure what the point of the update was.
Thanks for the report, I haven't pulled the trigger on update yet.

It appears the two things I was most interested in have been addressed.

I see that bluez5 has been updated to 5.58 which should make building a working Starfish companion app for AsteroidOS possible. I've got an LG Urbane watch that I'd like sync with SFOS.

And I see that predictive text/autocorrect is now built for 64-bit architecture, so that's good news (if it works) for owners of an Xperia 10 II. I've been waiting for that since installing Sailfish on my device last Spring. I didn't realize how much I used it. I mess up all the edge of keyboard letters on that narrow screen a lot. Or should I say "a lpt" no "a lit" dang it "s lot"!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Predictive text had some bugs that were ironed out in this release and even more with the coming bugfix .21
I stopped using WIFI a week or two ago and since then the phone runs smoothly. Just my humble observation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:

Tags
early access, sailfish, verla