lack of support and apps have me looking elsewhere. I was selling the device a few weeks ago, had a change of heart and now I'm positive that i need another phone. take it off my hands! 330$ shipped! i can email pics as I'm writing this thread from the n900

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
I still like my N900. But I don't blame you a bit for getting rid of the N900.

Lack of support and lack of apps are really stale arguments, since you have a whole community of support, and a fully functional browser which renders 90% of all apps useless. Are you sure you're not a victim of marketing techniques? If you are, i'd be happy to see you go.

The Following User Says Thank You to acou For This Useful Post:
Dell sold it for $369 earlier this week, brand new. The price is dropping quickly.

"Dell Business has the Nokia N900 Unlocked Maemo Smartphone for $599 - $230 off with coupon code LL17PBSTFKZ440 [Exp 6/23] = $369 with free shipping. Uses Nokia's Maemo 5 OS."

I've spent about 2 months of in-depth research during autumn 09, comparing the HD2, X10, and N900 amongst other things. I was convinced of the N900 to be the device for me back then, and nothing has changed.

Instead being hypnotized by hyperreal Ads, people should research better before buying stuff. Those who don't, well, they truely deserve financial loss and regret.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
aww damn dude, I coulda got me a 3rd N900 cheap! XD

acou is right tho, the things it was missing at all have been made by the community - MMS, USSD.. etc etc

Hi, is the phone still available? Do you live NYC? I'll be driving through the city to get to JFK Wednesday morning (7/7) around 10:30ish and would like to meet up with you. If the phone is good (all features functional, screen in good condition, but don't care so much about cosmetic condition of body), I'll give you $300 cash for it. It'll just take a couple of minutes for me to verify that everything is functional - whole transaction can take less than 5 minutes. If this sounds good and you are available to meet up, let me know.

if this item is still available, please let me know. I am willing to go forward with a transaction.

thank you

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by acou View Post
Lack of support and lack of apps are really stale arguments, since you have a whole community of support, and a fully functional browser which renders 90% of all apps useless. Are you sure you're not a victim of marketing techniques? If you are, i'd be happy to see you go.
Whatever is the case, he has the right to decide whether he wants it or not. Instead of offending him, thank him that he admits that it is not for him and gives off his device so cheap - the new owner will probably be happier with it. This is the right thing to do.

If the phone is available, please let me know. 330 dollars shipped is nothing.