Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I prefer using swype, compared to the cramp stiff keys of the N900. Using swype to type this post. Seems a resistive screen would be problematic for swype. Perhaps it would work better using the stylus?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i was using swype on a resistive screen all day yesterday and had no problems at all, if anything it could work better than on capacitive b/c higher accuracy

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i thin that any choice is good, some people prefer this and some that. i would like to try out swype, as i heard from friend it's really uncomfortable only on the begining but when u used to it, it rocks

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/swype-for-symbian

So dying platform is getting this really nice feature and we dont
I think PR 1.2 vkb is just horrible

Ok so anyone knows who should we contact? (council maybe?) to get this thing working on N900

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

I'm good with being patient and of the opinion that when MeeGo lands, the application written will also work in Maemo 5.

That being said, someone could get an early head start and code one NOW for Maemo and be that much more ready for MeeGo.

Why would you need that when you have such an awesome keyboard?

Always better to have more options! I'll still use the keyboard 90% of the time, but if Swype worked efficiently enough, I could start using it less personally.

two reasons:
hardware keyboard already present

swype doesnt work so well on resistive

since future meego devices will have capacitive, it will probably be available

Nah sayers.

Why can't we have both? There is no logical reason to not have both, there really isn't. It's no different than people wanting a portrait VKB or portrait mode at all. We already have landscape, why do we need another option?

If it doesn't work well on resistive screens, it's only because the code wasn't perfected. Just as capable of a screen, since you are holding a finger on it. Needs a little pressure, sure, but just another of the things you pick up with experience and learn to adapt too.

It should be available, eventually. Be interested in seeing how well it works on the N900, since it does have one of the better resistive screens out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Inacurate For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
If you have clicked the link u would saw that Swype is also avaiable for N97 which has a hardware keyborad and resistive screen I think its just Nokia who still experiments to see how it works but little they know that Maemo communty is much more capable and willing to help the'. IMO if they really wanna push it and MeeGo is considered their future high end OS then they are doing it wrong

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011