Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
Hi all

Having a bad day today ...I should be at work right but this morning the alarm clock of the the clock did not ring...****ing great ! Im in general mode with vibrator on and the sound is all way up , I tested it with a new alarm and it didnt ring too...
Thats the second worst bug after the media player bug that playes music when receiving an answered call.I work in a hospital and this can be annoying.
Only thing I did was installing the world cup widget , I hope its that. Im not buying a separate tictac.

Damn

try installing headphone daemon for the media player bug.

Did you oversleep your alarm? Test it out and see if it works in the next minute

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
In the meanwhile, buy a $5 clock...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

G'Morning,

after having had issues with no call vibration and no sound in my timer program (nearly burned the pizza yesterday I also experienced your problem this morning with my alarm clock. While this was no problem, because I was awake before the alarm time, this could get really annoying when having an appointment in the morning.

Did you have the same problem with calls and other sounds/vibration? Did you remove the world cup widget?

Wish you a good day in spite of everything..

Hi

I had similar sounding problem once, alarm didn't sound. I had set multiple alarms previous evening, 15 minutes apart.

When I woke up, it was past second alarm and on screen was two alarm notifications, after stopping the topmost one, first one was under it. Note that alarm did not sound. The system was overall sluggish too and behaved abnormally (can't remember details sorry).

I think this was caused by a network problem, as the N900 was connected to a wlan network, and on the network, default gateway had dropped off during some time in the night after I had gone to sleep. Wlan base station was still online and dhcp lease had not expired yet.

After I had stopped the (silent) alarms and turned off rest of them (I had 5 or 6 alarms set), I disconnected the wlan network from menu and as soon as I had pressed the disconnect button, alarm started playing, *and I did not have any means to stop it*, as I had already closed the alarm notification windows by pressing stop buttons. I think I had to turn off power to stop the alarm sound.

Fortunately I woke in time anyway as I had a plane to catch that morning.. Oh well, it would have been a good excuse to extend my vacation for week or two anyway

On programs running, only active program that I can think of was Maegios widget on desktop polling every 5 minutes.

Other installed programs are openssh client+server (not running), openvpn (not running), mail for exchange (on manual sync during night) and quite a load of all kinds of games, from angry birds to ..wok. Oh, and Live Wallpaper too, but that was not active too. I had used eCoach during the previous day.

I can try to replicate the situation if need be..

Oh and I have used the alarm from day one almost every day and this was the first time it failed.

-
Harri.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
I just did a reboot and the alarm works , im gonna remove the world cup widget and set a separate clock for tomorrow morning.
thx for helping

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
In the meanwhile, buy a $5 clock...
Not an apt answer... is it? Its like telling a guy to spend his $600 on individual devices such as a
-$5 clock for time & alarms
-$50 5MP point & shoot camera
-$75 media player [provides option to create play lists]
-$100 phone which provides all phone functions
-$300 on an Internet communications device

and not on a single device which provides all the above

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
Not an apt answer... is it? Its like telling a guy to spend his $600 on individual devices such as a
-$5 clock for time & alarms
-$50 5MP point & shoot camera
-$75 media player [provides option to create play lists]
-$100 phone which provides all phone functions
-$300 on an Internet communications device

and not on a single device which provides all the above
@rcarlos:
To me, keeping my job will be top priority than getting my $600 gadget to work as intended. If by spending $5 on a simple gadget may give me a bit of consistency needed and even a backup to my $600 gadget, why not?

I never said the $5 gadget to be superior than the $600 one (although in this case, it is better), nor did I suggest to buy all the individual replacements.

Please keep your imagination in check
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-06-16 at 08:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
So, it got worse.. While I am normally awake before the alarm in the morning (or could resolve this problem easily by buying a 5$ replacement), I do not know how to replace my phone ringtone and vibration by something that cheap..

Does anyone else have this problem too? My phone does not ring nor vibrate any more.. I removed recaller and world cup widget, before that (caused by the stuck hildon-home) FM widget, personal ip adress and personal dataplan monitor. My desks are beginning to be really boring..

Thanks, boudjere

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by haolin View Post
When I woke up, it was past second alarm and on screen was two alarm notifications ... The system was overall sluggish too and behaved abnormally (can't remember details sorry).
Do you recall the desktop being jammed? I had this alarm-not-playing problem this morning (luckily my wife was already up), noticed the desktop icons don't react to touch and remembered it was the same at the evening.

Happened to have dbus-monitor running and checked its output after the (silent) alarm. Copied the relevant lines to LeafPad but forgot to save before trying to restart the desktop - which jammed it so no trace left after reboot. Anyway, after the lengthy alarm dbus call with the alarm sound file, vibration pattern and all, there was this common "method xxx on interface yyy does not exist", guess that happens when the component that should receive it won't respond. Trying now that alarms are fine, there seem to be one dbus call with the alarm params to org.freedesktop.Notifications and that one initiates a call to com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon, guess the first one displays the screen and the latter one does the audiomotional part, so apparently the second one wasn't called when it was silent.

Dunno what processes I had running, haven't been too careful with extras-dev stuff. At least had been playing with e-mail sync d-bus commands which can be rather heavy operations in case of fullSync.

Here is a d-bus sequence of a working alarm:
Code:
method call sender=:1.8 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=15 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 0

error sender=:1.36 -> dest=:1.8 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=15
   string "Method invoked for CloseNotification returned FALSE but did not set error"

method call sender=:1.8 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=16 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=Notify
   string "notify-clock-alarm"
   uint32 0
   string "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/10x10/hildon/qgn_list_smiley_angry.png"
   string "alarm"
   string ""
   array [
   ]
   array [
      dict entry(
         string "vibra"
         variant             string "PatternIncomingCall"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "alarm-type"
         variant             string "clock"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "sound-file"
         variant             string "/usr/share/sounds/ui-clock_alarm_default.aac"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "category"
         variant             string "alarm-event"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "volume"
         variant             int32 100
      )
   ]
   int32 0

method return sender=:1.36 -> dest=:1.8 reply_serial=16
   uint32 8

method call sender=:1.36 -> dest=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon serial=602 path=/com/nokia/HildonSVNotificationDaemon; interface=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon; member=PlayEvent
   array [
      dict entry(
         string "vibra"
         variant             string "PatternIncomingCall"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "alarm-type"
         variant             string "clock"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "sound-file"
         variant             string "/usr/share/sounds/ui-clock_alarm_default.aac"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "category"
         variant             string "alarm-event"
      )
      dict entry(
         string "volume"
         variant             int32 100
      )
      dict entry(
         string "time"
         variant             int64 1276853521
      )
   ]
   string ":1.8"

method call sender=:1.25 -> dest=org.maemo.Playback.Manager serial=107 path=/org/maemo/Playback/Manager; interface=org.maemo.Playback.Manager; member=RequestState
   object path "/org/maemo/playback1"
   string "Play"
   string "1203"
   string ""

method return sender=:1.25 -> dest=:1.36 reply_serial=602
   int32 8

method return sender=:1.4 -> dest=:1.25 reply_serial=107
   string "Play"

signal sender=:1.25 -> dest=(null destination) serial=109 path=/org/maemo/playback1; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties; member=Notify
   string "org.maemo.Playback"
   string "State"
   string "Play"

signal sender=:1.49 -> dest=(null destination) serial=51 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.extension; member=property_changed
   string "volume"
   variant       uint32 6

signal sender=:1.49 -> dest=(null destination) serial=52 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.extension; member=property_changed
   string "volume"
   variant       uint32 50

method call sender=:1.8 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=17 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 8

signal sender=:1.36 -> dest=(null destination) serial=603 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=NotificationClosed
   uint32 8

method call sender=:1.36 -> dest=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon serial=604 path=/com/nokia/HildonSVNotificationDaemon; interface=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon; member=StopEvent
   int32 8

method return sender=:1.36 -> dest=:1.8 reply_serial=17

method call sender=:1.25 -> dest=org.maemo.Playback.Manager serial=110 path=/org/maemo/Playback/Manager; interface=org.maemo.Playback.Manager; member=RequestState
   object path "/org/maemo/playback1"
   string "Stop"
   string "1203"
   string ""

method call sender=:1.8 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=18 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 8

error sender=:1.36 -> dest=:1.8 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=18
   string "Method invoked for CloseNotification returned FALSE but did not set error"

method return sender=:1.4 -> dest=:1.25 reply_serial=110
   string "Stop"

signal sender=:1.25 -> dest=(null destination) serial=111 path=/org/maemo/playback1; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties; member=Notify
   string "org.maemo.Playback"
   string "State"
   string "Stop"

signal sender=:1.49 -> dest=(null destination) serial=53 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.extension; member=property_changed
   string "volume"
   variant       uint32 73
/T