Active Topics

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
probably depends a lot on the effort of the concerned cities.
I know for sure that London has very good and extensive API for its transport infrastructure, whereas Paris has not, and has sued people for using its maps and stuff in apps. So clearly, not all cities are equal, independently from Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
I'd say this app is pretty well pointless and of no use to most N9 users - very limited amount of cities covered.
Every major city I've been to in the past 4 years is covered in Nokia Public Transport. Be appreciative that it was ported and kindly leave feedback for the beta labs team and hopefully they will graduate it to a public product with more cities.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Did you check the page?

Simple routing information is available for plenty more locations in all continents - see http://betalabs.nokia.com/node/52654?req=true

The same app is also available for Windows Phone.
Not all cities that are in public transport are mentioned on the beta labs page, can the page be updated?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-05-04 at 13:14.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Not all cities that are in public transport are mentioned on the beta labs page, can the page be updated?
Even if I have poijted this thread to the developers it is probably better to leave feedback there, mentioning the covered cities missing in the listing. Thank you!

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I see my city (Milan, Italy) in the aforementioned list, but every time I try to calculate a route I always get an error saying that my area is not covered...

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
I see my city (Milan, Italy) in the aforementioned list, but every time I try to calculate a route I always get an error saying that my area is not covered...
Same here in Hamburg, Germany.
It's on the list, but won't work on N9.
Anything we can do about it?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Yes, report your problems to the developers at http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...ia-n9?req=true ("Give feedback" link)

Thank you!

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I already did.
So I should just wait for the service to cover Hamburg one fine day?

Maybe there is a usability problem here?

I just learned that you can go from Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (there is always one) to Lindenstrasse (another sure bet in German cities) in a 10' walk or taking the U1 direction Grosshansdorf until Lohmühlenstrasse...

From Piazza Virgilio in Milan to Piazza Della Scala you take the Tram 1 Greco - Pza Castelli and stop in Manzoni Scala.

"Can't give you an exact schedule for this journey" is the difference ref the primary list of cities.

usability problem...?
The app also shows a (actual?) list of supported areas.
Hamburg and Milan are not on that one...

By usability problem I mean that some users are saying their cities appear in the list but they can't calculate routes. As shown in my post just above I'm able to get information from Hamburg and Milan (I haven't been there ever, that information comes from the app).

See post #22. "Covered regions" are those cities fully supported with timetables. Then there is a bunch of cities (including Hamburg and Milan) with transport information but no timetables.

Tags
nokia lies