Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Do you guys check topics what have been made in last 1-2h at all? And thread topic is plain wrong. It will be but not commercial.

..edit
And i should check times. This was first but second thread has right topic :|

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by j-a-k View Post
What does MeeGo actually give you that Maemo does not? Do apps for MeeGo run on Maemo PR1.2. If so, why is there this over whelming desire to get Meego? -just curious
Yes, it does with the coming of PR1.2 its the first device with Pre-installed Qt, and it is future compatible with the MeeGo and its 3rd Party apps !! everything that runs on MeeGo will run on Maemo !

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
There you go its a bleak story yet again from a company that only cares about money forget people !.

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Let's remember that this all about user experience. Polishing software is a lot of work. Polishing each application for resistive screen (as good as it is) is not trivial considering that we are making the UI for our Nokia product on MeeGo for capacitive screens as we have said already in Maemo Summit 2009.
Does this mean that, let's say Samsung makes a resistive screen device with MeeGo on it, we can port the Samsung version?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
yyeee made me limp too. nokia really dont care lol. they know we want it. but dont want to give it. they know people are unhappy but.... dont care. well dont nokia realise every second person has a iphone??? lol nokia might be king BUT king of what... the low-end market????????

o well someone will port it.

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Added "(commercial)" to the title, but doesn't seem to load it yet.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
There will still be flashable versions for the N900 I'm sure for quite some time all. So as MeeGo becomes "mature" you'll still be able to flash it and use it.

Now.. whether there's actually going to be a "user" experience that degrades between the use of capacitive or resistive *shrug*.. but it'll be there for those who want it I'm sure. (They'll just say it's "devel").

(ETA: I am, however, saddened they decided not to official support it.)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I guess now nobody will dare even to mention flash 10.1

So N900 becomes Holy Grail , IMO MeeGo wil adopt capacitive and mutlitouch screen without hardware keyboard..N900 with Maemo 5 stays the only real pocket computer!!!!

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
If Meego is being designed for capacitive, does that mean we are likely to loose the physical keyboard? This blows. I dont want meego if it has no keyboard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
to Peter@Maemo Marketing : sure user UI is priority, but it just doesn't seem to be ethical to screw customers who buy the MOST EXPENSIVE and highest-end mobile phone available from nokia, only to have it fall by the way side and become a legacy device.

If MeeGo is seen as an OS for top end nokia phones, then it sounds like nokia was covering the wool over n900 buyers by leaving future maemo support purposely 'open' so that we wouldn't know we're buying a shiny new device that has reached its end-of-life.

but hey, i've got pr1.2 downloading now, i only have myself to blame when i bought the n900. caveat emptor eh nokia? i'm still an n900 fan, regardless of the company shafting us for the sake of 'the future and scalability' that is the meego cashcow.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thelushlife For This Useful Post:

Tags
dejavu, egocentric, premonition, wegot1newloser