Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post
How to exit rockbox?
Is it possible to run the app in non-fullscreen?
Ctrl-backspace and then press the X, You can't run it in non FS yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Love this port. I've been a user of RB ever since it's inception abck when I had an Archos!

Having recently bought an n900 (yes, late to the party!) I was really pleased to see RB on it!

Just wondering if the plugins could work on this port? How easy is it to setup a build environment for this?

Cheers for any help, advice here :-)

m

The Following User Says Thank You to miner49er For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by miner49er View Post
Just wondering if the plugins could work on this port? How easy is it to setup a build environment for this?
You need a working n900 dev environment (scratchbox and friends).

Instructions for building are on this page:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/MaemoPort

HTH,
Thomas

Any progress with the phone hangup fix, Thomas?

Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Any progress with the phone hangup fix, Thomas?
I'm currently not actively working on the n900 related code base, it does all I need for now. (ok, non-FS mode would be nice, but that's on my low-priority list).

When there's going to be an official rockbox 3.14 release, I'm going to port and test it of course

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
I'm currently not actively working on the n900 related code base, it does all I need for now. (ok, non-FS mode would be nice, but that's on my low-priority list).

When there's going to be an official rockbox 3.14 release, I'm going to port and test it of course
I have a strange bug with RB, btw: If I pause a track for more than 5 seconds, Rockbox crashes? This came after a CSSU update by the way.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I have a strange bug with RB, btw: If I pause a track for more than 5 seconds, Rockbox crashes? This came after a CSSU update by the way.
I suppose you are in Thumb, right? For me it also crashes in cssu thumb, but not in cssu testing.

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
I suppose you are in Thumb, right? For me it also crashes in cssu thumb, but not in cssu testing.
May I have a backtrace of the crash, or instructions on how to reproduce it(keep in mind I've never used rockbox, so newbie how-to-make-it-crash is needed )?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
May I have a backtrace of the crash, or instructions on how to reproduce it(keep in mind I've never used rockbox, so newbie how-to-make-it-crash is needed )?
I can only give you steps to reproduce it (sorry): here they are:

1 - Open rockbox
2 - Long click Files, then select Show Files, and choose All (this is so you can see the hidden folders, .sounds, etc)
3 - Start any song, and let it play for a few seconds.
4 - Click in the pause button, wait about 5 seconds or so and then click in the same button. It should crash. That works most of the time

Now, not related to that issue at all but if you want to use the player regularly, I recommend you to go to Settings - Sound Settings - Timestretch - and then select Yes. This prevents the music from stalling randomly until you close rockbox (trrrrrrrrr-like sound, lol)

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
I can only give you steps to reproduce it (sorry): here they are:

1 - Open rockbox
2 - Long click Files, then select Show Files, and choose All (this is so you can see the hidden folders, .sounds, etc)
3 - Start any song, and let it play for a few seconds.
4 - Click in the pause button, wait about 5 seconds or so and then click in the same button. It should crash. That works most of the time

Now, not related to that issue at all but if you want to use the player regularly, I recommend you to go to Settings - Sound Settings - Timestretch - and then select Yes. This prevents the music from stalling randomly until you close rockbox (trrrrrrrrr-like sound, lol)
Timestrech is always on here because of my heavy Pitch function usage, I always +0,5 songs to make them sound like PAL versions or make them sound nicer, Brave Little Toaster's soundtrack is in NTSC, but if you up it like above it sounds like the PAL version.

Oh, and it doesn't make a trrrrr sound at all here, and i'm in CSSU-Thumb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiophile, rockbox