Notices

Interesting :P Well, I simply wrote the PM...noone stopped me You may answer over here or you may use my emailaddress. If I can PM it to you...wait and see :q

EDIT: Ok, now they stop me and I can't PM you my mailaddress. It seems I found a bug that makes it possible to send a PM without being allowed to do so...

<mumble> Nokia made this board right? That explains quite a lot....</mumble>

Last edited by hottex; 2012-06-18 at 22:30.

[off-topic]Actually, not Nokia - it's closed-source vBulletin. Nokia just pay bills here [/off-topic]

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Oh year i also have this Bluetooth speaker, it has the same AMP and a BT A2DP from DX (LINK) and also here the audio quality is just amazing.

The casing is from a old B&O LX2802 TV, the speakers are from a surround stereo i can't remember the name of.
The Volume control was necessary in the beginning because the BT A2DP was sending noise in the power and the BT and AMP was on the same battery, now the single battery is going to the BT, and the dual battery is going to the AMP.
Attachment 21078
Attachment 21079
Hey, that's the same bluetooth receiver I used in my headphone mod.

The amp in the first post, would that be too powerful for headphone drivers? (hd201 are 24ohm), currently using a Fiio e5
Basically looking for getting the parts down as cheap as possible, see how cheap I can make my next pair.

Currently it's Sennheiser HD201, Fiio e5 amplifier and the same receiver as yours, two 3.5mm ports (one for charging, one for wired headphones), battery+charging circuit. Last over 24 hours straight everything on max volume.

Also, you seem to know a lot about these things.
What would your suggestion be to adding two extra speakers and using them as bass? ie; how

eg; adding two small dedicated bass speakers to the headphones.

Last edited by azkay; 2012-10-28 at 13:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Well instead get better speakers to put in them, i can't recommend any right now since my last supply on good small speakers was from ebay, and as you know almost all ebay "offers" are temporary, but those 2" "bass" speakers i now use as fulltone (- bass) with my 8" speakers for home audio, they really sounded AWESOME as headphone speakers eg. using them as headphone speakers.

Else i recommend a bass boost filter, this can be done in many ways like the analog one i use, i did not work with the 2x3W amp thou.... but if you make a digital filter using a dual opamp you should get your bass that way if you headphone speakers can take it.

Mmm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rail-Mast...item19d5896a62

I'm also looking for another bluetooth receiver, one that makes less "noise". Like if something low is playing or nothing playing the noise is a little annoying, random clicking too.

Last edited by azkay; 2012-10-28 at 21:42.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Just noticed this thread and thought to share my "really small audio hack" which actually consists of just a cable adaptor from 3.5mm audio jack to twin XLR connectors...
...and on the end of the XLR's I have my pair of Genelec S30 Triamp active monitor speakers.

--- EDIT ---

For some reason Genelec's pages were offiline yesterday so I could not add links...
http://www.genelec.fi/s30/speksit/
http://www.genelec.fi/tuotteet/vanhat-mallit/s30/

Last edited by juiceme; 2012-10-29 at 08:04. Reason: Added links to specs

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I love the idea of a little DYI amped speakerbox for my N9.
Like this one, but in one box:

Would the stereo effect be noticeable if the box was trapezoid-shaped, somewhat like this?:
Code:
    _______
   A       A
  A S     S A
 A___________A
I wouldn't mind if it was a bit bigger. Should be more robust with covered speakers too.
And I wouldn't be mean with the battery and provide a USB-port as power-source and the capacity to give the N9 a full recharge if its empty. How much mAh would be minimum?
Recharging should work via micro-USB jack.

Which LiPo/Li-ion batteries (with soldering tags or cables) have best capacity/price ratio, I guess from RC modeling?

I might solder something up, if cost can be kept low and an apropriate housing can be found somewhere.
Thoughts?
Current Maemo Community Council member

"Line of sight"of stereo speakers should cross eventually, while in your ASCII mockup, it is opposite, if I understand it correctly.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Also, my desktop setup:

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I bought something at the store recently that has the following features....

No batteries required
Frequency Response: 200Hz - 12KHz
50mm speaker, 8 ohms
Signal cable: 22cm STR, CORD

When I try to play anything through them, it's about half as loud as what it sounds like on my tablet.

What should I be looking for online?

Any links would be much appreciated.

Tags
audio, docking station