Hi

I used to have a nokia N95 and had an application called Auto Hang Up. This program automatically hangs up incoming or outgoing call after user specified duration it helps to reduce call charges and was wondering if there is a similar application for N900

It could be great mainly to reduce call charges.

Thanks

Last edited by chemist; 2010-03-22 at 14:17. Reason: status

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
This sounds like a virus... am I missing something?

The application Auto hang up was made for symbian phones, you can check the application on this site: http://smartbian.com/s60v3/ah/

Is there something similar for N900

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Sorry. Never seen before...
But I guess it shouldn't be so hard to code. (the Minute beep)
But I'm sorry. I can't.

Perhaps, search in this thread: Call recording for N900

I don't know who. But a guy had written there a application that records all sounds, even during a call. I guess this guy had the skill to write quite fast a simple application that beeps once a minute during a call.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Create a Brainstorm item please!

Yeah this sounds like a bug/virus to me and I dont know how it saves you money? My SIP provider hangs up after 3h. At my cell-provider there is a beep/auto-hangup setup available afaik... More important would be that it hang up on call being ended properly...

Question: Could someone create an auto answer function. Would come in handy when driving and connected to Sony bluetooth car stereo player. Maybe something that will activate if using bluetooth audio. Just trying to be a safer driver, haha.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rdwrig0ceo View Post
Question: Could someone create an auto answer function. Would come in handy when driving and connected to Sony bluetooth car stereo player. Maybe something that will activate if using bluetooth audio. Just trying to be a safer driver, haha.
Please do not hijack threads! Open up your own brainstorm if there isn't one already.

This application would be useful to me and I guess many people where I'm from, since my carrier (Telcel) has something they call "Free Calls", but this "Free call" must last less than 4:30 minutes because after that they charge you each minute, so I guess you can imagine it is quite difficult to keep track of the time and keep the costs low (and calls are quite expensive in Mexico, comparing them with the US). If someone could please help me code it or give me an idea how could I try to create an application with this purpose. Thank you very much and happy holidays to all!

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
My cell network allows me free calls afrer 3 mins lol DIGICEL TT

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
This sounds like a virus... am I missing something?
A virus? come on! This is a great idea, and very useful, as you can't think on a use of this I can't think on someone that consider this a virus..

I'm not a maemo developper but I think I might have a tiny idea, I remember I saw something like make a call via d-bus (hope it was that and not only send an sms) well if we can make a call in the terminal via dbus then we can kill the process after some time with a not so hard to code script, I will be very interested in this app, I think I will search more info a give it a try..

EDIT:
Ok now I've got something..

first of all to call via dbus:

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call com.nokia.csd.Call.CreateWith string:"$1" uint32:0

then to hang up:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call com.nokia.csd.Call.Release

I'm working on timing the hang up and tomorrow I'll try to make a UI but I think I'll need help

So sleep x doesn't work, any ideas of how to time an event? or why sleep doesn't work?

Last edited by Iktwo; 2011-01-19 at 03:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post: