Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Can it be done? Would like to move over all my contacts from my Maemo to the Meego install on the N900.

~Jeff

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
I havn't tried Meego, but I think it should be compatible with vcard format. Did you try it yet? (go contacts,touch top,export,next,all contacts,next...)

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
According to this, it's possible...

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
According to this, it's possible...
In that instruction, I don't understand a step of how to import the contacts in meego. Do I have to type the wider script on x-terminal? Can you explain in detail how to run the wider script, and it can be automatically done in next boot?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by lithamhoa View Post
Do I have to type the wider script on x-terminal? Can you explain in detail how to run the wider script, and it can be automatically done in next boot?
Well, you could type it but it'd probably be a lot easier to copy/paste it into a file (eg "importcontacts.sh") and run it using something like:
Code:
 sh importcontacts.sh
I don't think the intention is to have it run automatically on boot - this is a 'one time' operation.

Can't offer much more help as I've only played with Meego for 2 minutes. I'm waiting for the 'end user' release

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post: