Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If you want me to piss off the majority of this board... I'll gladly discuss what I consider major flaws. Believe it or not, PR1.1 solved some of them for me.
Even better, if you've got a good handle on some major flaws still around, & got 5-min.
Please report them in the bug-tracker, way better than just talking to everyone about it.
But only if you're sure they're still an issue after a fresh 1.1, & that no one's already reported them.
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-24 at 08:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Hey what a good rant that was OP. I agree on all of the above. Except #8, I don't know wtf you mean by that one. The lack of text selection / cut 'n' paste in browser is personally my biggest gripe.

Anyway have you reported the bugs already? http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/

Note that you have to register a new account. The bugtracker is not connected to any other account. Ville Vainio confirmed that the bugtracker will be used by platform developers, so we have a real chance of actually getting these bugs fixed.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
What was the rationale in moving to separate/new bug-tracker anyway?
I saw some brief explanation in the "nokia & aegis" thread, but it was very light in detail.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
What was the rationale in moving to separate/new bug-tracker anyway?
I saw some brief explanation in the "nokia & aegis" thread, but it was very light in detail.
I guess the team wanted one they have control over.

I reported the notification clicking bug here: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=229
Go vote.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Hey what a good rant that was OP. I agree on all of the above. Except #8, I don't know wtf you mean by that one. The lack of text selection / cut 'n' paste in browser is personally my biggest gripe.

Anyway have you reported the bugs already? http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/

Note that you have to register a new account. The bugtracker is not connected to any other account. Ville Vainio confirmed that the bugtracker will be used by platform developers, so we have a real chance of actually getting these bugs fixed.
#8 usecase:
Code:
# nano /usr/share/blabla/meego-touch/meego-server-ui/whatever
Now I want to delete this file
I click the up arrow and then I have to click the tiny left button a gazzillion times instead of keeping it pressed. After a while I start missing and random keys are pressed messing up my command, to the extent I have to write it again

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
#8 usecase:
Code:
# nano /usr/share/blabla/meego-touch/meego-server-ui/whatever
Now I want to delete this file
I click the up arrow and then I have to click the tiny left button a gazzillion times instead of keeping it pressed. After a while I start missing and random keys are pressed messing up my command, to the extent I have to write it again
Ah ok. Is it still there with the new (and awesome) xterm that came out today? I have N950 so I use the keyboard not vkb

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
4. Who the **** is asking for network connection and why. I don't want to be bugged continuously for connection when I am offline, even more when I don't know who is asking. I end up leaving the connection window in the background. If an app absolutely needs a connection to work, it should ask for it with an overlay over it's own window not a system-wide popup that doesn't say anything about the request (I know I am repeating myself but I think it's absurd)
The silly part here is that the connection dialog often stays on even after it makes a connection. So if MfE wants a connection when I'm traveling, and later gets it when I am in the reach of the office WiFi, I still see a "please select an internet connection" dialog when I open my phone, but with a connection visibly open.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Haha good read.

2. No "remember password" feature in browser? So much for the couch-friendy surfing.

-This is a security feature to protect dumb phone users to loose their phone with all user names + passwords set and remembered
Happy to see that at least Fennec supports it, including master password.

4. Who the **** is asking for network connection and why.

-A firewall application would be able to tell you this. I wish somebody would urgently make a user friendly firewall like "Firewall IP" on (jailbroken) IOS.
I would pay 35 Eurodollars for it easily.
Few IOS users are aware of this application but it makes me jealous of their iPhones/iPads anyway. I have tested it on iPad and its really good in giving you an idea of what "app" is trying to connect which server behind your back.
Up to you to find out if this is vital for application functions or not.

System wide generic network connection requests all day long. Are we that stupid?

the best N900 vkb was on PR1.0 -> Totally agree. I can't see why it is so difficult to leave users the choice between a few layouts.
One of the major advantages of "virtual keyboard" should be user customisation. Idiots.

It always looks like the team doing the PR1.0 gets disolved and the guys doing the PR1.x updates see opportunity to implement their little idea's that were just not good enough to make it into first release.

Last edited by ste-phan; 2011-11-24 at 10:01.