Notices

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
my god, what ******s approve these patents, its a nice design but it isnt original
Actually it is original (since they defined the context).

In fact, I'm spewing over this wondering how come I couldn't think of something like that. And since M$ is the one with ownership, I realize this design can never come to fruition (looks at Courier).

Currently: get a qwery-smartphone and carry a game-gripper.
This design: get this convertable-smartphone and carry the gamer slot (get dual-joysticks and X[_]O/\ layout buttons

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-04-20 at 05:37.

well if you see the bottom picture i cover the nails head with black tape just to be sure it will not damage my keyboard buttons. also the nail are flat at the front side (anyone i think can do it). And ofcourse is a little bit thick. also you dont either need to add pressures to the buttons, just a little bit push. The position i put them is for select and start, quick load and quick save.

There's another mod to the GameGripper which I have done.
I've clipped the sides of a pin head (for the wood-boards) and snipped off the sharp point. Then I've extended the groove underneath the D-pad. I placed the pinhead in there, so that the D-pad no-longer makes direct contact with the buttons unless pushed down.

Voila!
You have a "rocking" D-pad, which increases the tactile something to make gaming a little better. Here's the tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iXNtdLHlI

I'm flattered

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Actually it is original (since they defined the context).

In fact, I'm spewing over this wondering how come I couldn't think of something like that. And since M$ is the one with ownership, I realize this design can never come to fruition (looks at Courier).

Currently: get a qwery-smartphone and carry a game-gripper.
This design: get this convertable-smartphone and carry the gamer slot (get dual-joysticks and X[_]O/\ layout buttons
actually this is a generic modular design, you cant just look at the smartphones and say that something like this doesnt exist already, you must look at everything as technology applies everywhere and not just on a limited niche

actually this is a generic modular design, you cant just look at the smartphones and say that something like this doesnt exist already, you must look at everything as technology applies everywhere and not just on a limited niche
Okay.
Can you provide some examples of such a case?
I don't know of any personal computers that has a slot/space which can be equipped with different types of modules (keyboard/hid, battery, cpu, etc).

I'm flattered

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Okay.
Can you provide some examples of such a case?
I don't know of any personal computers that has a slot/space which can be equipped with different types of modules (keyboard/hid, battery, cpu, etc).
pcmcia slot, d-pad/thumbstick changing on cyborg rumble pad, asus padfone, thermaltake level 10 case, all with the same concept of modular usability just visually different
this thing wont bring either new technology or technological design

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
pcmcia slot, d-pad/thumbstick changing on cyborg rumble pad, asus padfone, thermaltake level 10 case, all with the same concept of modular usability just visually different
this thing wont bring either new technology or technological design
None of them actually qualify to make this desing copyright/patent moot. Except for PCMIA slots, I forgot about them

They were such a pain but you wanted one to have (high-speed) Wifi, or Bluetooth, or other things like an iR-receiver for the remote controller. There were even TV-Tuners based off them, but USB became a more practical standard.

I don't think this will bring a new technology, but if adopted it could as well bring a new technology design. Still sucks it wont ever see the light of day

I'm flattered