Notices

the video cam stuttering problem ? Are there any fix from nokia ?

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
I'm using the fast transitions with CSSU Testing 3.1
I'd like to force rotate applications that don't do portrait mode. I think to do this, I need to use the transitions.ini from CSSU, but then I don't get to use the amazing, wonderful, magnificently fast transitions of Theme Customizer. Is there any way to get both?
Wouldn't it be possible to merge CSSU's code for portrait mode into your transitions? Or rather, make your transitions part of CSSU. I think they absolutely belong upstream.
thanks, Ben

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
cant change size of icons and cant remove that application background shortcut

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
DO NOT use theme customizer is it a broken package.
It installs and old version of hildon-desktop that can cause chaos.
It's not compatible with later versions of CSSU due to this.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...roken_packages

Would be nice if it could be fixed.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2013-02-23 at 16:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
There has been some discussion about how "broken" this package would be, in the light of the current cssu state.
Looking at it more closely (version 0.9-77, the last extras-devel), I would say it is less broken then some suggest

Themes:
I did not test that, but I do not expect something to be broken.
My only concern would be if you have more than the default 4 desktops/wallpapers. Portrait wallpapers are not supported.

Fonts:
Changing fonts is done by search/replace in transitions.ini, so it is not logical that it would be broken. Tested and no issues found.

Font size:
Done by changes in css templates? No issues suspected.

Font colors:
Done by changes in css templates? No issues suspected.

Color changes:
I don not expect cssu has had any impact on this.

Use custom (fast) window transitions:
Could give issues as it uses it's own transitions.ini..

Show app shortcut/app shortcut size/web bookmark size:
This uses a gconftool command, which does no longer have any effect in cssu (tested). That's why it is grayed out in that case.

Snap to grid:
Done by search/replace in transitions.ini, so it is not logical that it would be broken. Tested and no issues found.

Opacity settings:
Tested and no issues found. Also confirmed by thedead1440.

Change backgrounds:
For apps like the mediaplayer. Tested and works fine.

Some remarks:
Theme customizer has it's own hildon-home, which it may use in some restores/backups. But it never uses that file when cssu is found to be installed.

One other point is that is keeps track of some changed settings (like snap to grid size). If you change that value by hand in transition.ini, it will still think it has the old value and will set that value if you decide to save and you did not correct it first.

So I decided to carry out some changes.
  • I added portrait layout support for the various screens. That took about 95% of all the total time I spent on it
  • If cssu is installed, the not supported options are now hidden instead of greyed-out
  • Bugfix: theme customizer would crash if nothing was selected and you pressed load in the "Color presets" screen (now the first entry is always selected at start)
  • The custom hildon-home (and related code) is removed, so it should pose no potential risk
  • The option set fast-transitions is removed
  • The included transitions.ini file is removed
  • some references to cssutransitionstuner are removed

As mentioned I did not test it thoroughly, but if you are brave enough to try it at your own risk, you can get the updated version here: theme-customizer_0.9-80_all.deb

Last edited by ade; 2013-03-07 at 09:36.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ United Kingdom
Hi, Ade, this are great news!

I trust you tested it with PR 1.3?

The Following User Says Thank You to markai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by markai View Post
Hi, Ade, this are great news!

I trust you tested it with PR 1.3?
I hope you realize we are talking N900 here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
@ade. Thank you so much for taking the time to repair this package.
It is only my duty to test it

A couple of quick notes.
All seems very stable and no obvious chaos on my new thumb/devel setup. Portrait makes a huge difference to the overall app.

One thing that was a pain with theme-customizer was the "keep my existing wallpaper" not being default. IMO it should default to keep existing not use current theme.

Also stock maemo/cssu defaults "snap-to-grid" as 4 whereas theme-customizer seems to default to 8.

Thanks again.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
@ade. Thank you so much for taking the time to repair this package.
It is only my duty to test it

A couple of quick notes.
All seems very stable and no obvious chaos on my new thumb/devel setup. Portrait makes a huge difference to the overall app.

One thing that was a pain with theme-customizer was the "keep my existing wallpaper" not being default. IMO it should default to keep existing not use current theme.

Also stock maemo/cssu defaults "snap-to-grid" as 4 whereas theme-customizer seems to default to 8.

Thanks again.
I more than agree on the point that "keep existing wallpaper should be default", as I replaced my own wallpapers by accident a few days ago, forgetting to alter that option . Will change that.

Snap to grid values are taken from it's own current config file, so it no real default value. Maybe it has an initial value at installation, or theme depending. I would have to look into that. As I said earlier, it would be best if it would display the current value from transitions.ini itself on startup.

P.s. does anyone know why the options like "no icon background" and "icon size" are not implemented in cssu? As I understand correctly it where some extensions on top of the original hildon-home, that where not incorporated in the cssu version.

Edit: just saw the value for keep "current wallpaper" in portrait is ignored. That may also explain why my wallpapers where replaced. Will fix that as well.

Last edited by ade; 2013-03-09 at 11:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by ade View Post
P.s. does anyone know why the options like "no icon background" and "icon size" are not implemented in cssu? As I understand correctly it where some extensions on top of the original hildon-home, that where not incorporated in the cssu version.
Hi ade!
Thanks for the update. The "no icon background" and "icon size" options work on my N900 which is on CSSU Thumb and version 0.9-65 of Theme Customizer with no problems. Maybe you can look at the older version for reference?

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post: