Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
i must admit i was highly skeptical when I first heard about N9 after all what device could trump my beloved N900 which iv had for two years and continues to amaze me still....

well I read all the reviews and they were saying it was great blablabla but i saw some negative stuff online and on this forum ... n trust me im not gonna listen to those guys again. i was so worried i was making a dud purchase. i had to import the phone from the UK since Ghana is no where on Nokias thinking and phone sellers here were selling it for outrageous prices!>This phone f$%^ing rocks!. iv had it for less than 18 hours n im still blown away. so smooth and silky. NOKIA u guys are out of YOUR MINDS!!

iv had no crashes so far even when overloading d phone. the browser is fast very fast that its shocking...im even afraid to say it but its better than the N900. I always wonder why people always complain about apps as if thats all a phone is all about...i can see this phone growing just like the N900. i still love my N900 and will be using it as my second phone as im on two networks. it was maemo that introduced me to Linux and now all my computers are on Fedora!

thats all. a long time lurker on this forum but i just had to write about this phone!!

p.s: is it just me or d forum on meego.org is not as exciting as maemo.org??

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
i must admit i was highly skeptical when I first heard about N9 after all what device could trump my beloved N900 which iv had for two years and continues to amaze me still....

well I read all the reviews and they were saying it was great blablabla but i saw some negative stuff online and on this forum ... n trust me im not gonna listen to those guys again. i was so worried i was making a dud purchase. i had to import the phone from the UK since Ghana is no where on Nokias thinking and phone sellers here were selling it for outrageous prices!>This phone f$%^ing rocks!. iv had it for less than 18 hours n im still blown away. so smooth and silky. NOKIA u guys are out of YOUR MINDS!!

iv had no crashes so far even when overloading d phone. the browser is fast very fast that its shocking...im even afraid to say it but its better than the N900. I always wonder why people always complain about apps as if thats all a phone is all about...i can see this phone growing just like the N900. i still love my N900 and will be using it as my second phone as im on two networks. it was maemo that introduced me to Linux and now all my computers are on Fedora!

thats all. a long time lurker on this forum but i just had to write about this phone!!

p.s: is it just me or d forum on meego.org is not as exciting as maemo.org??
You are right because the OS of N9 is Maemo 6 harmattan, not Meego .

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Its really confusing. Even though most threads are here, Some of the N9 related threads/announcements are there in forum.meego.com. One is forced to visit both sites.

I think the council should take a decision to move it there or here completely and avoid the fragmentation of the community. I think mer/nemo discussions can happen there and N9 discussions here?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
18 testing hours!!

wow oh wow!!

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
tcbl50: I bet you'll love the bright sunshine performance of the screen.
Get some sleep and have fun with your new device

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
At the end of the day everyone's needs and wants out of a device is not the same. It is somewhat a bit of a shame that N9 does seem to be a handheld device that would probably for now be the last of the higher specification based though much to be said that N9 seems hacker unfriendly compared to N900 (or even N950 should you own one).

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
You are right because the OS of N9 is Maemo 6 harmattan, not Meego .
And Meego is dead.

Long live Maemo6+SwipeUI+Qt+Linux.

Btw. Elop WP is burning.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
tcbl50: I bet you'll love the bright sunshine performance of the screen.
Get some sleep and have fun with your new device
screen is mindblowing..i have it on minimum brightness n yet still clear n shiny

battery life yummy yummy...

Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
screen is mindblowing..i have it on minimum brightness n yet still clear n shiny

battery life yummy yummy...
Screen brightness is good under bright tropical sunlight, good for those of us living near the equator. Just need to adjust the brightness to more than 50% when outdoors

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I think mer/nemo discussions can happen there and N9 discussions here?
That totally make the most sense, given the progression/evolution of it all.