Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

And I got my second N9 today from Dubai via Axiom Telecom. I have somebody in Dubai working with them to sell/send to us with a discount rate perhaps - thought I'd have that sorted out by now, but dealing with people and having it work out with the merchant are two different things.

Mexico is finally selling theirs... Telcel still only has the Magenta, whereas the Cyan and Black are in pretty good supply. The price is around 8200 Pesos for the 16gb, the 64's are grabbing an initial premium, waiting on that to either settle down or secure a direct line to somebody for those.

Only bad thing I don't like is that Axiom (Dubai) is comfortable with using my FedEx account, but man... I don't think I can handle everybody using my account and those fees coming directly out of my credit card. Gotta sort that out too.

Working on Australia with jinx right now. Qole, you're not forgotten
64gb from them with shipping is total of USD 766 and they do not have them in stock as of yet, but they are receiving some in 2 weeks.
The Nokia N9 is not yet available, we expect stocks in 2 weeks.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
BEHOLD!

Got this baby today just about one hour ago

I will talk with the seller and see if I can get a deal for the users here. So be patient

Then will come back and offer you the options

dcastrog

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
Gerbick, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say your efforts are admirable and above and beyond what most members of this community contribute. I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work.

Having said that, I'm going to wait for the Glossy White N9. If you happen to come across one, please let me know. Good luck sourcing N9s for the others.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
64gb from them with shipping is total of USD 766 and they do not have them in stock as of yet, but they are receiving some in 2 weeks.
Sign me up for that, I'm pretty sure most people looking for a 64gb can tolerate that price, it seems to be the most fair so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

And I got my second N9 today from Dubai via Axiom Telecom. I have somebody in Dubai working with them to sell/send to us with a discount rate perhaps - thought I'd have that sorted out by now, but dealing with people and having it work out with the merchant are two different things.

Mexico is finally selling theirs... Telcel still only has the Magenta, whereas the Cyan and Black are in pretty good supply. The price is around 8200 Pesos for the 16gb, the 64's are grabbing an initial premium, waiting on that to either settle down or secure a direct line to somebody for those.

Only bad thing I don't like is that Axiom (Dubai) is comfortable with using my FedEx account, but man... I don't think I can handle everybody using my account and those fees coming directly out of my credit card. Gotta sort that out too.

Working on Australia with jinx right now. Qole, you're not forgotten
How do you like your N9 amigo

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
Gerbick, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say your efforts are admirable and above and beyond what most members of this community contribute. I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work.
Thanks. I've been sorta lucky that a lot of folks I know overseas have been ultra-helpful. Some absorbing the costs of having a month sim-card in some situations... or I've been absorbing the shipping fees.

Gotta get my connections and myself out of the middle. Just wish I could get one or two merchants to say "Yeah! We'll gladly help you and your friends" and not have it at the higher prices like Expansys.

Having said that, I'm going to wait for the Glossy White N9. If you happen to come across one, please let me know. Good luck sourcing N9s for the others.
I've seen zero mention of them or that once seen green N9 either. But I got a few ears out there.

Updates when I get them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Well hopefully with the Official unveiling of the White N9, they won't be too far off. Knowing Nokia though, I'm sure we won't see them until December. Sigh. Keep up the good work, man.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
I just received this:

Dear daperl,

It's going to be a glossy white xmas.

Love,

Santa

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
How do you like your N9 amigo
If you want a full review, I'll give you one with some more time with the device.

But first impressions... the UI is not bad at all, something that is more "right" than "wrong" in ways that I felt like WP7 had gotten more right than wrong, but was incomplete.

The UI is quite nice, easy for one hand operation. I can go from one thing to another in record time. A few odd things for me - like how the contacts are handled and how I had to set up a Mail for Exchange account just to pull out the contacts from my main GMail account aren't exactly stuff I'd consider pluses at the moment.

But the browser is damn swift. The apps that are there feel "right". I've already drifted into developer mode on the phone, but so far no need to do any of that yet. Maps takes a second to start up, but the fix is damn quick.

I'm not a fan of the contracts - but they're all there. I like the mail app, beats iOS, on par with the ICS (4.0) for tablet gmail variant, love the notifications, amazed at how I lived without the twitter feed on my messages/notifications swipe - I seriously think that this was done better than iOS 5 and Android... the controls are pretty tight and "stylish" and it just feels swift - no slowing down and I've not closed a damn thing.

The camera... it is downright swift. If only there was a dedicated camera button - WP7 got that. Can't upload pics to Twitter (BOO!) yet, but I can MMS and mail them off. The camera is also top notch, just a bit noisy for my likes for anything other than smaller images I don't mind having imperfect. N8 wins on the camera front.

The build... it's heavier than I expected, it's a good heft though. And the screen beats even my Dell Venue Pro AMOLED, beat the HD7S SuperLCD, and beat even my Samsung Captivate AMOLED.

It's nice, it's neat, it works quickly, it's not slowed down, it's older hardware acting like it's newer hardware - feels just as swift if not moreso than my WP7 device.

All in all, I was a skeptic. My OCD won and I had to have the last of the Maemo phones.

Oddly enough, now I have two. And I don't think that I'll be reselling that spare one. I'm a reluctant fan, I see a lot of faults, I partially know they'll never get fixed... but at the same time, I like the N9 as an experience.

Yeah. I expected crap, got a decent phone with a better UI than anything else out there and it fits my type of usage - all but Google Analytics and a few other things I am SORELY missing at the moment because I don't know the alternatives - better than say Android and WP7.

And that's no fanboy based review. I can point out what I call faults as well. They're there... and some bother me. More later if you wish...

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Talked to the seller who sent me the N9, he says he will be getting more phones in 20 days, so if you are interested ask me and I can get a good deal with him.

Another thing if anyone interested, he offered me the just announced Nokia 800 for $700 USD, so if anyone here wants to try the upcoming Nokia, then I think you know who to ask. I was esceptic too but he sold me the N9 for a bargain price.

Cheers

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop