Active Topics

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
after installing KP53 now N900's hotspot is working fine. ... its a shame that both Windows 8.1 and BlackBerry 10 doesn't support Ad-hoc connections.
Great news.

Android is another that does not support Ad hoc out of the box. I was unaware of Windows 8.1, so thanks for that.

One thing - I had a battery drain yesterday (never seen under kp52) after trying out Qt Mobile Hotspot. It failed to exit cleanly and I was in a rush and next thing an off n900. Keep an eye on that, just in case .....

I am testing further.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I Loooove QT Mobile Hotspot, is there still ongoing development, it seem nearly perfect.
The only thing missing is bluetooth tethering, it would save much battery from wifi tether, is more compatible with locked up Android tablets which wont do ad-hoc, and is safer than USB especially with the breaky N900 USB port.

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
The only thing missing is bluetooth tethering, it would save much battery from wifi tether, is more compatible with locked up Android tablets which wont do ad-hoc, and is safer than USB especially with the breaky N900 USB port.
Which tethering method for bluetooth you need DUN or PAN?
You can have a look at genwall in general you can forward internet from any network device to any network device, this means PAN tethering for bluetooth.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Which tethering method for bluetooth you need DUN or PAN?
I have in the past used the script and genwall for PAN to Ubuntu, but my wife fears command line and I was looking at an easy GUI, maybe I can make some desktop buttons for her to click.