Active Topics

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Updated first post to new yle-dl versions and added a script for viewing Yle channels live.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Updated first post to new yle-dl versions and added a script for viewing Yle channels live.
Should I remove the old versions first if I want to use the new version?

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Should I remove the old versions first if I want to use the new version?
Yes. Just remove yle-dl package. Then install newer rtmpdump and download yle-dl from the link in the first post.

If you run into some problems post here and we can take a look at it. I have those older yle-dl and rtmpdump packages somewhere on my scratchbox and can upload them if need arises (if they even work with yle areena anymore).

Also it would be nice if you post here your install procedure if all goes smooth.

[edit] I just noticed a problem. One needs to change the first line of yle-dl script from #!/usr/bin/env python2 to #!/usr/bin/env python

I'll update the first post with a working script.

Last edited by ladoga; 2014-11-23 at 00:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
OK. Started updating by uninstalling yle-dl. Then tried to install librtmp0_2.4-2_armel.deb but that gives error (invalid package or something like that, message in Finnish is "asennuspaketti ei kelpaa"). Also the other rtmpdump package can't be updated ("already installed from trusted source") so I removed it also. Anyway, currently I am stuck in installing the librtmp0_2.4-2_armel.deb package.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
OK. Started updating by uninstalling yle-dl. Then tried to install librtmp0_2.4-2_armel.deb but that gives error (invalid package or something like that, message in Finnish is "asennuspaketti ei kelpaa"). Also the other rtmpdump package can't be updated ("already installed from trusted source") so I removed it also. Anyway, currently I am stuck in installing the librtmp0_2.4-2_armel.deb package.
Download packages to your device and try from the command line with:
Code:
$ devel-su
# dpkg -i librtmp0_2.4-2_armel.deb rtmpdump_2.4-2_armel.deb
If it complains about missing dependencies, install those with apt-get.
Code:
# apt-get update && apt-get install libssl0.9.8 zlib1g

Last edited by ladoga; 2014-11-23 at 00:36.

OK, managed to get the packages installed (librtmp and rtmpdump needed the root privileges) and yle-dl package extracted but can't figure how to move the script to ~/bin or /usr/local/bin... I usually use FileCase to move the files but it does not have privileges to copy the script to these folders and Xterm seems to missing cp command (what is the copy command in Xterm?).

BTW, if someone else is wondering: the debs are downloaded to the .downloads folder and the yle-dl archive to Downloads folder...

OK, managed to get the packages installed (librtmp and rtmpdump needed the root privileges) and yle-dl package extracted but can't figure how to move the script to ~/bin or /usr/local/bin... I usually use FileCase to move the files but it does not have privileges to copy the script to these folders and Xterm seems to missing cp command (what is the copy command in Xterm?).

BTW, if someone else is wondering: the debs are downloaded to the .downloads folder and the yle-dl archive to Downloads folder...
Harmattan has cp built into busybox so it should work.
Just to show it's there we can use command which (no need to write unless you're interested):
Code:
~ $ which cp
/bin/cp
~ $ ls -l /bin/cp
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root    7 Jul  3  2012 /bin/cp -> busybox
Open meego terminal and use devel-su to get necessary permissions, then proceed to copy the file (it helps to use tab key to autocomplete paths).
Code:
$ devel-su
# cp /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/yle-dl /usr/local/bin/
I think what happened is that you didn't write the file location correctly as devel-su changes to root's home directory (/root) you can check this with command pwd.
Code:
~ # pwd
/root
Anyways. I hope it works now.

Harmattan has cp built into busybox so it should work.
Just to show it's there we can use command which (no need to write unless you're interested):
I just checked it with "help" command which did not show the cp

Anyway, I got the script copied to /usr/local/bin but this seems to not work from there (output is
Code:
~/bin/sh: yle-dl: not found
even if the script definately is there).

So it seems that the script should be executed from ~/bin. I copied the script also there but now I get error
Code:
sh: yle-dl: Permission denied
(even if I try to execute script as root which should not be needed).

Last edited by OVK; 2014-11-27 at 12:08.

I just checked it with "help" command which did not show the cp

Anyway, I got the script copied to /usr/local/bin but this seems to not work from there (output is
Code:
~/bin/sh: yle-dl: not found
even if the script definately is there).

So it seems that the script should be executed from ~/bin. I copied the script also there but now I get error
Code:
sh: yle-dl: Permission denied
(even if I try to execute script as root which should not be needed).
Any directory shown in you system's $PATH variable will work. You can check where the shell looks for executables like this:
Code:
~ $ echo $PATH
/home/user/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11
/usr/local/bin exists in pretty much any *nix system. ~/bin is usually user created.

When an executable file resides in any of those directories you can run it by typing its filename and pressing enter no matter what your present working directory is. When the file is not in those directories you have to use full or relative path to it in order to run it. (/path/to/yle-dl). That's why it's more convinient to put it in one of those "bin" directories.

So the error message you got just means that the file has no executable permission. To make it executable for all users:
Code:
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/yle-dl
or
Code:
# chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/yle-dl
depending where you want to keep it.

Sorry I didn't mention all the details earlier. I use mostly linux so I presumed it was obivious. These are just generic shell commands.

Ps. If someone wants to package yle-dl and put it with my rtmpdump packages to openrepos feel free to do so. It would make installation bit easier for non-initiated. I'm probably too lazy to do it myself.

Last edited by ladoga; 2014-11-27 at 16:08.

Sorry I didn't mention all the details earlier. I use mostly linux so I presumed it was obivious. These are just generic shell commands.
No problem. This actually should be obvious, I was just confused because this used to be a .deb.

After a long time I finally continued with your scripts. I put the script to /usr/bin/ (which is in the $PATH), apparently managed to make it executable but when trying to download something from Yle Areena I get the error:

Code:
ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher
Have I missed installing something?