Active Topics

Notices

Poll: If a 3D printable keyboard game pad project became available I would wan to...
Poll Options
If a 3D printable keyboard game pad project became available I would wan to...

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Please be very specific when you say PSP buttons, what is the features that make them great, pics would help.
What I was talking about is maybe try to make some buttons with this style, like a psp:

I had never really had a gameboy, but I had a psp and I hadn't seen any gripper with buttons like the one that psp have.... I also think that these looks caller, and newer instead of the old fashioned gameboy buttons

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The ABS didn't scratch the N900 the two times I inserted it for allignment test. I think I will try a caliper like set of horns that taper to points to actually grip the phone rather than box it in as in the Mk-I design, one size for Mugen battery cover users(double scud) and the other for stock N900s.
Bill_klpd mentioned making it more like the PSP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable after viewing his pictures I think it could make it easier to just forget about the cross shaped rocker Dpad with its center pivot fulcrum. again let the gamers speak I truly dont know which I would prefer, strong opinions appreciated.
Nokiabot, I broke most of the grey buttons so now I need to print more and test with the prototype top. Will photograph better when the second prototype is out and will upload to thingiverse.
SInce I hope the Mk II will be a keeper I plan to print 0.1mm high layers so it will look nicer and will be a bit tougher but take about 4x longer.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Maybe, if you have some time and if you have a nice and working gripper, you could try to add some buttons like the start/select button from the psp go:

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
The rocker button start/select could be over say y-h or h-n. To me designing the button layout/placement is as important as style though.
it seems that a directional dpad of some sort to the left and four buttons to the right four function buttons in a diamond is standard.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
So cool but maybe anyone redising aspect of n900 and convert like n950 or other desing most actually. I think we us can adapt the hardware to new desing.... So sorry for my bad english.
Muy guay pero quizás alguien pueda rediseñar el aspecto del n900 y convertirlo en algo similar al n950 u otro diseño mas actual. Creo que podriamos adaptar el hardware a un nuevo diseño.

The Following User Says Thank You to Verssetti For This Useful Post:
Just a FYI while I have not posted to the thread in a while once I have time I will do the next update. Any opinions on button placement or style should speak now as once I have a working gripper I doubt I will continue to work on this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
bump ! All gamers your suggesions are required and appreciated

So! I just finished constructing my 3D printer and I'm in the process of printing one for myself. I hope everything turns out great! I'll update you guys when it's done!

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Just one thing: NEEDS MOAR BUTTONS!!!

I was able to put another button in the middle of my gamegrippers (lost 1, bought 2) letter H, and was thinking on putting more 2 on backspace and/or right and on ctrl and/or shift. Whenever I'm playing nintendo 64 I have to map more than 1 function to some of the buttons (and also the screen) and have 2 or 3 scrips with different comfigs because they conflict depending on the game. Same goes to other games.

But it is just an idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
My print finished some time ago but none of the holes align where they should. There is too much room for the n900 so it doesn't fit snugly. The usb port and the headphone jack don't align at all and the n900 won't go in any further. I only printed the D-pad, a few buttons and the housing but if you want to have something usable you need some sort of telescope buttons to reach the n900 buttons. From the looks of it, this is completely unusable unless there has been a drastic change that I'm unaware of.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:

Tags
.stl file, 3d printing, emulator, game gripper, openscad