Active Topics

As a 'kiwidude' you did you notice the major flaw ... You can't set a NZ timezone on the clock...(So I know when to call my Mum) .. I thought I'd set my 'destination' city as Wellington, not there, O.K. I thought, I'd try Auckland, that's not there either ...

Maybe it's a Kiwi thing .... I was never good at the "Krypton Factor', but I didn't figure out the stand either. I thought I was being cunning and fashioning a stand using the spare stylus as a brace between the two plastic stand bits ... but now I just feel stupid..

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but my thoughts .. I've had mine for about 24 hours now ... and I think it's great .... Screen is marvellous.

I can't Bluetooth pair with my Sony Ericsson P910i - I always get an authentication error on the 770 after entering the phasephrase on the P910i ....

I can pair with my Mac O.K. and use the file browser; and I 've never had any similar errors pairing the P910i with other things. It would be nice if I could try pairing in the other direction, but there doesn't seem a way for me to make the 770 discoverable.

Using Apple Airport Extreme network at home via WPA O.K. - I have multiple base stations, I often get dropped though, maybe it's when it only ends up seeing one base station - e.g. due to the previously described bug.

At work, we are using EAP-TLS, I imported my certificate (running fine under windows) - the certificate manager wasn't happy about some blank passwords on the certificate - But I always get an authentication error during the connect. I'm gonna try xterm, and see if I can poke around and find some logs that might have more info ?

Grant.

Originally Posted by Gwaant
As a 'kiwidude' you did you notice the major flaw ... You can't set a NZ timezone on the clock...(So I know when to call my Mum) .. I thought I'd set my 'destination' city as Wellington, not there, O.K. I thought, I'd try Auckland, that's not there either ...
Oooh yes, good point -I did notice that and forgot to post on it - it did irritate me a bit but since my family now live in Aus they are covered by Sydney time... They should put some "red dots" or similar at the points where timezones do exist to save the "random click around and hope it's got a timezone" you do currently.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Haarlem, Netherlands
received the device yesterday, here is my "feedback", some problems have already been reported.

Things that need to be fixed asap:
- Adding folders to bookmarks does not work, when I try to add a bookmark folder the bookmark app crashes
- System gets slow after 10 mins of browsing, there is some memory leaking going on. Maybe someone could develop a memory recovery app?
- Bloglines.com crashes..

My wishlist
- Better IMAP folder support
- RSS enclosure (podcasting)
- Network browsing in File manager
- PIM app?

Thing I like:
- Build quality
- Screen

Noooooo, not bloglines. That is my main source of life.

Originally Posted by mail@demaart.com
Things that need to be fixed asap:
- Adding folders to bookmarks does not work, when I try to add a bookmark folder the bookmark app crashes
- Bloglines.com crashes..
Adding folders to bookmarks and opening bloglines.com site seemed to work fine with my device.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I had the bookmark crashing thing as well. Also when moving with dragn'drop bookmarks in the manager to a folder, it deleted the bookmarks.

Nice...