Posts: 29 | Thanked: 360 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Pirkkala, Finland
Originally Posted by der_pepe View Post
Prototype?? I bought it from http://shop.jolla.com after I received the email with the password like (almost) everyone else! (Including the looooong wait until my phone arrived around mid December )

For those concerned about the health of my device, I'll just say It's working perfectly and I haven't noticed any kind of degradation on its functionality (I'm not a IFixIt guy, but I know my way around electronics) although I would NOT RECOMEND to anyone to open up his device, risking this awesome (and 400€ worth) phone

You are right, and you were bit too fast to reply.

This is CE device after all, I was looking something else, but already from the label that is under battery you can clearly see that it is CE device.

I am sorry for the confusion, my bad.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to harrihakulinen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Spain
No need to apologize, I didn't meant to sound harsh or anything

First of all, I opened my phone just to satisfy my curiosity, not to criticize its quality nor its components.
Also note I didn't tear it down completely, so things like eMMC and other RF amplifiers, WiFi/Bt chips,
gyroscope/magnet, etc.. are not in the pictures, since at this time I didn't feel like removing the RF shield
behind the uSD/SIM board, so the component list on the 1st post is incomplete and probably inaccurate
(I'll edit that later)

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jolla phone, but even more than that, I love what the people at Jolla is doing and I have set very high hopes on Sailfish.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to der_pepe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The question is why you had to dismantle a perfectly good jPhone to get the info(yeah, I know you thought it was fun) but why could't jolla just release the info?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Can you tell if all Jolla devices so far released to public are of same h/w revision?
Yes, so far they should be from same h/w revison.

There can and will be minor differences in future, but nothing that is "lower" spec than originally.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to harrihakulinen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
The question is why you had to dismantle a perfectly good jPhone to get the info(yeah, I know you thought it was fun) but why could't jolla just release the info?
Well, what exactly you are looking for ?

As you saw earlier in thread, konsta was able to get a lot of relevant information out from SW side alone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harrihakulinen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by harrihakulinen View Post
Well, what exactly you are looking for ?

As you saw earlier in thread, konsta was able to get a lot of relevant information out from SW side alone.
I'm not looking for anything special right now. But when the jPhone ll arrives I would love to compare with next iteration of hardware.

Just though we could save some time for the brave sole in this thread.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Truly is the LCD controller/screen
Truly has made some "sub components" of the HW, like the flex where emcc and SIM card holders are monted, and "lower part" of the phone where speaker and microphone are.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to harrihakulinen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Konsta View Post
It also looks like Jolla device was ODM'ed by Qisda Corporation, no idea who/where actually manufactured it though.
Dell Venue Pro (2010) and BenQ F3 (November 2013), the new cousins of Jolla!

Great camera features on that F3 (for a $270 phone), by the way. 13 mexapixels, BSI sensor, F2.2 aperture, HDR, zero shutter delay, panorama, continous shooting...

Last edited by hana; 2014-01-02 at 21:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Dell Venue Pro (2010) and BenQ F3 (November 2013), the new cousins of Jolla!
Those devices are quite distant "cousins", if you like, e.g. F3 is based on MTK chipset. With little research you may do much better

Qisda is actually parent company of BenQ, not vice versa. And they have been focusing on ODM business since 2007.

www.Qisda.com

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harrihakulinen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by harrihakulinen View Post
Those devices are quite distant "cousins", if you like, e.g. F3 is based on MTK chipset. With little research you may do much better
I know BenQ A3 has Snapdragon (although not the same Jolla has), but I like F3's camera more...