Notices

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
is it possible to play virtua cop or house of the dead?
No because those are sega saturn games.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Uploaded pcsxrearmed version 0.4.0.14.5

Changelog:
* Fixed accelerometer using gles
* Added -analog option to use the accelerometer as the analog pad
* Added options to set accelerometer sens, max value, y_def
* Added -displayon option to keep the display on (useful when playing using the accelerometer)

Uploaded psx4m-gui version 0.4-6.14.8

Changelog:
* Icon read from pbp (if present)
* Added new settings for accelerometer
* Added new setting to keep the display on

You can now use the accelerometer as the analog pad (useful for driving games, tested with Wipeout 3).
To use this option the game must (obviously) support the analog controller (eg: Wipeout 2 DOES NOT support it, while Wipeout 3 does).

You can test your configuration in the gui:

The accelerometer settings mean:
  • Deadzone: Set the deadzone where the accelerometer values have no effect.
  • Y Zero position: Set the Y zero position. 500 is 45 degree circa.
  • Max Value: The value that is considered as the pad maximum value. As for "Y Zero pos" 500 is 45 degree circa.

Last edited by sakya; 2012-04-10 at 14:07.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Amazing changes.

Would it be possible to create profiles redefining the keys and/or accelerometer so you could use one profile for some games and a different one for others?

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Would it be possible to create profiles redefining the keys and/or accelerometer so you could use one profile for some games and a different one for others?
Accelerometer settings are different for each game, I could add the possibility to use different keys for each game.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
Accelerometer settings are different for each game, I could add the possibility to use different keys for each game.
That would be great, specially if you use a Game Gripper and need a different keyboard layout when you don't have it and use the keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
That would be great, specially if you use a Game Gripper and need a different keyboard layout when you don't have it and use the keyboard.
I never heard about Game Gripper before...ordered one just now, thanks.

Uploaded pcsxrearmed version 0.4.0.14.5

Changelog:
* Fixed accelerometer using gles
* Added -analog option to use the accelerometer as the analog pad
* Added options to set accelerometer sens, max value, y_def
* Added -displayon option to keep the display on (useful when playing using the accelerometer)

Uploaded psx4m-gui version 0.4-6.14.8

Changelog:
* Icon read from pbp (if present)
* Added new settings for accelerometer
* Added new setting to keep the display on

You can now use the accelerometer as the analog pad (useful for driving games, tested with Wipeout 3).
To use this option the game must (obviously) support the analog controller (eg: Wipeout 2 DOES NOT support it, while Wipeout 3 does).

You can test your configuration in the gui:

The accelerometer settings mean:
  • Deadzone: Set the deadzone where the accelerometer values have no effect.
  • Y Zero position: Set the Y zero position. 500 is 45 degree circa.
  • Max Value: The value that is considered as the pad maximum value. As for "Y Zero pos" 500 is 45 degree circa.
Great stuff

Some thoughts/issues:

I think that accelerometer configuration should be global to all games since holding/moving the device is done from same position for all games . For example - if I'm playing while laying down or sitting in a chair I would like to change the "y zero position" to affect all games to fit for each of these positions.

Maybe adding an option to inherit from default configuration all settings that were not specifically set for a game would be a good solution for this and many more configuration issues - this way a user will be able to change globally any setting which will affect all games - as long as they were not specifically overriden (maybe for key mappings also).

I think display on should also be a global switch and not a per game one.

A bug I found - frameskip on gles GPU not working - changing value doesn't affect the speed.

Will it be much trouble to create two modes of keys mappings - one for accelerometer on and one for off?
The reason I ask this is because game gripper is missing two buttons (L2, R2), and the only way to access all control keys with it is to use accellerometer to control Left,Right,Up,Down and by that - to allow new key mappings for the gripper's left + control for other usages such as L2,R2, Load and Save.

I know I'm asking a lot and it up to you when (and if) to implement these issues.

Anyway great work man - glad to be QA for this project!

Last edited by impeham; 2012-04-10 at 22:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impeham View Post

Will it be much trouble to create two modes of keys mappings - one for accelerometer on and one for off?
The reason I ask this is because game gripper is missing two buttons (L2, R2), and the only way to access all control keys with it is to use accellerometer to control Left,Right,Up,Down and by that - to allow new key mappings for the gripper's left + control for other usages such as L2,R2, Load and Save.
I just realized that this actually only needs to be possible/enabled for some games that requires all key mappings such as fighting force, ninja, fifa and more - so different keys for each game will solve this.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
I never heard about Game Gripper before...ordered one just now, thanks.
It's the best accessory for the N900!!

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Great stuff

Some thoughts/issues:

I think that accelerometer configuration should be global to all games since holding/moving the device is done from same position for all games . For example - if I'm playing while laying down or sitting in a chair I would like to change the "y zero position" to affect all games to fit for each of these positions.

Maybe adding an option to inherit from default configuration all settings that were not specifically set for a game would be a good solution for this and many more configuration issues - this way a user will be able to change globally any setting which will affect all games - as long as they were not specifically overriden (maybe for key mappings also).

I think display on should also be a global switch and not a per game one.

A bug I found - frameskip on gles GPU not working - changing value doesn't affect the speed.

I know I'm asking a lot and it up to you when (and if) to implement these issues.

Anyway great work man - glad to be QA for this project!
Indeed if per game keyboard configuration is added, a default configuration is a must, otherwise having to configure each game would be painful.

Tags
bada rox, emulators, sausage ii, sneeze loud