Active Topics

Notices

About "Retrieving information on the new media files" notification: MAFW sends notifications about updates quite often and OMP already ignores some of them (with 0 items remaining), but apparently it's not enough. If you have a problem with the notifications popping up without a good reason, run "openmediaplayer" from terminal and if one of those notification appears, look for MainWindow::onSourceUpdating and post here your values of progress, processed_items, remaining_items and remaining_time (or the whole terminal output).

Originally Posted by xXxTJxXx View Post
And, actuallyi did read the wiki and did it, but when i tab the desktop widget it niether open the default media player, nor Open Media Player!
I can't see anything wrong with your screenshot. Did it also disable launching the default player by its icon? What's the output of
Code:
ls -l /usr/bin/openmediaplayer
entered in the terminal?

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
does m3u support mean tvcatchup will work without mplayer now? i think there was a unicode playlist issue somewhere previously was only met by mplayer.
I guess the only way to know is to try. AFAIK the stock player does unicode right, so there might be a different cause.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@gidzzz: Had a SIGSEGV a couple of minutes after start, here is the link to the coredump and a backtrace:

Code:
#0  MusicWindow::browseAutomaticPlaylists (this=0x2c9658, browseId=<value optimized out>,
    remainingCount=<value optimized out>, objectId=..., metadata=0x4b7200, error=...)
    at ../../src/musicwindow.cpp:906
#1  0x000c38b0 in MusicWindow::qt_metacall (this=0x2c9658, _c=<value optimized out>, _id=15,
    _a=0xbefa5004) at moc_musicwindow.cpp:164
#2  0x41881af0 in QMetaObject::metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) ()
   from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#3  0x4188b600 in QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**) ()
#4  0x4188b600 in QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**) ()
I'm quite puzzled by this one. musicwindow.cpp:906 resolves to
Code:
playlistModel->item(2)->setData(tr("%n song(s)", "", recentlyPlayedCount), UserRoleValueText);
so the first thing that comes to mind is that there's no item at row 2, but upon examining the core dump it looks like it was already accessed 8 times and it suddenly failed the 9th time.

Although I have not yet determined the root of the problem, I have improved playlist listing and as a result the problematic line will be called many times less often (once per update of automatic playlists, and those are now triggered in a smarter way).

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
It's for sure trackname connected. This problem appeared with tracks which names contain special characters, such as '/', '?'. sometimes problem is caused by '\'' (using c++ char notation)
Unless I missed something, everything that is not a letter or a digit gets stripped before being looked up. "OperationalError: (1040, 'Too many connections')" at the end also makes me think it's just an overloaded server.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Thanks for the update.
One thing I noticed, why is there a save playlist option in saved playlists?
Surely this should be rename playlist like in the playlist menu.
"Save playlist" in the playlist browser has a different purpose. "Save changes" might be a better name, because if you modify a playlist, changes are discarded unless you choose to save them using that button (BTW I'm planning to make it automatic or at least show a confirmation on exit).

Originally Posted by Zoin View Post
But there is a very annoying bug introduced recently: pressing Left or Right buttons on the keyboard on n900 no longer goes to previous/next track. It just unsuccessfully tries to scroll seeking bar. I use OMP mostly while driving a car so pressing Left/Right buttons on the keyboard is easy while still looking on the road. I also tried to rollback to earlier version to avoid this behavior, but repository.maemo.org gives me 404 :( I think this bug was introduced about a month ago.
It should be fixed in the next release. If you can't wait, I have attached the last version without this bug.
Attached Files
File Type: deb openmediaplayer_20120326-1_armel.deb (421.4 KB, 86 views)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, I'm trying to use the m3u video list feature, but with no success. It tries to play the video as it was an audio (sometimes the first frame of the video appear in a new window that closes soon after), then fails, goes to the next and the process repeats until I give up.
I make my playlists with VLC from easydebian (scanning a podcasts folder created with gpodder) and it works perfect with kmplayer, except it doesn't recognize keystrokes from my bluetooth headset as mp does.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Are you trying to open the playlist directly in OMP? Currently video playlists can be opened only with a dbus call, so to make use of it, you need an appropriate application (like a file manager or gPodder).

Another thing worth mentioning might be that OMP doesn't detect media type when streaming and it defaults to audio in case of M3U.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
I've been closely watching the update notifications and sometimes they were indeed appearing unnecessarily. If they're still annoying you after today's update, let me know and include the part of the terminal output which contains MainWindow::onSourceUpdating.

Nothing big and shiny this time, but enough improvements, bug-fixes and updated translations have accumulated to provide a new package.
  • Holding previous/next in the video window rewinds the movie.
  • More efficient updates of the playlist list.
  • Keyboard shortcuts for next/previous should work again.
  • Added an option to add all songs from one playlist to another.
  • Autosaving after editing a playlist.
  • Made library update notifications less sensitive.
  • Disabled removing and rearranging songs in uneditable playlists.
  • Fixed "Add songs to a playlist" adding one duplicate song.
  • Fixed rearranging songs in the playlist browser causing songs in now playing to be moved at the same time.
  • New translation: Portuguese (Portugal) by joaoheitormarques.
  • Updated translations.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
hi guys, installed latest update and everything is working very well so far..only two remarks about the translation to portuguese: i am really thankfull to the person who did this, its very well made, only imo as a portuguese native speaker from Portugal, the string «Tocando agora» is corect portuguese, but not common, it should be «A tocar agora», or as it appears in all players that i can remember, «Em reprodução»; but its just a detail, teh other is the text «Adicionar músicas à lista de reprodução actual» doesnt fit the button either in portrait or landscape, as well as «limpar lista de reprodução actual» does not fim inm landscape its button, so i suggest changing «lista de reprodução actual» only by «lista» or «lista actual». just some sugestions, anyway thank you very much and well done!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Hi,

I've been using OMP for several weeks now and I keep having the same problem; flac files aren't indexed (over 80% of my music is flac), so I need to play those through the file manager.

I've tried resetting the tracker and rebooting, but the issue persists.

Thanks, keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to hobarrera For This Useful Post:
Hi Gidzzz any chance of auto playback and auto stop when headphone is plugged in and removed??!! We already have deamon which pause/stops the music when headphones are removed any chance we can have when headphones plugged in music starts playing please!

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi Gidzzz any chance of auto playback and auto stop when headphone is plugged in and removed??!! We already have deamon which pause/stops the music when headphones are removed any chance we can have when headphones plugged in music starts playing please!
AFAIR you don't need the headphone daemon any more, OMP has this built in. Also unpauses the player on connection.
I uninstalled the headphone daemon when this arrived three or so updates ago...

---

Also the update seems to have fixed the tracker messages.
I don't get the notification, while saving Leafpad files or taking pictures.
Thanks.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-06-12 at 09:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
I implemented auto pause OMP when bluetooth or wired headset is disconnected. This feature working without external daemons (like headphoned) and is already included in last OMP.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
teh other is the text «Adicionar músicas à lista de reprodução actual» doesnt fit the button either in portrait or landscape, as well as «limpar lista de reprodução actual» does not fim inm landscape its button, so i suggest changing «lista de reprodução actual» only by «lista» or «lista actual»
And if it's hard to make a line short enough for its button, it can be also broken into two lines.

Originally Posted by hobarrera View Post
I've been using OMP for several weeks now and I keep having the same problem; flac files aren't indexed (over 80% of my music is flac), so I need to play those through the file manager.

I've tried resetting the tracker and rebooting, but the issue persists.
A few days ago I reset my database and Vorbis files were ignored until I reinstalled Extra Decoders Support (if it doesn't work after that, make sure Ogg Support was reinstalled in the process too). I'm not sure about the cause, but I blame an update for Tracker a few CSSUs back.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse