There are many cables for less than 1 $.
ref:http://search1.taobao.com/browse/0/n...at_topsearch=1

I tried it ,very good.
Attached Images

Great if you read Chinese (I'm guessing)
Is there an English page?
And do they ship to US?
Will they take PayPal or something safe?

Those chinese cables are to be avoided at all costs. Nasty things can happen with them and they can damage your tablet, or your PC. Normally I'm all for 3rd party parts, as they save you money, but not in this case.

If you want a nokia usb charger cheap, go to overstock.com. That's where I find all my extra stuff cheap. If it ain't there, it's either too new, or selling too well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
The cheapest one I see on Overstock is $28. Is that what you're referring to? That seems a bit steep to me.

This is a good one - nokia usb charger from overstock.com isn't from China.

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Those chinese cables are to be avoided at all costs. Nasty things can happen with them and they can damage your tablet, or your PC. Normally I'm all for 3rd party parts, as they save you money, but not in this case.

If you want a nokia usb charger cheap, go to overstock.com. That's where I find all my extra stuff cheap. If it ain't there, it's either too new, or selling too well.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Boston area (NE US)
Erm, this isn't a charger - just two connectors (USB and 2x.5mm barrel) with two conductors between.
You're suggesting that this is going to blow up your tablet?

As a side note, have a look at all the chargers in your house, including laptop chargers. Notice how many say "Made in China".

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by bobkoure View Post
Erm, this isn't a charger - just two connectors (USB and 2x.5mm barrel) with two conductors between.
Well, there should probably be a resistor in there as well, but your point is sound.

You're suggesting that this is going to blow up your tablet?
There is a small chance of fire.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Well, there should probably be a resistor in there as well, but your point is sound.
No, it's the real ca-100 that has some circuitry to pump up the voltage, these cheap knock offs are just a piece of cable with 2 connectors. So potentially the real deal is more dangerous than the fake.

Well,
That seems a short, it could happen even with an original charger (though the quality control is in theory more strict, there are many cases of brand name chargers recalled due to chances of fire or electrocution).
I myself have a dx knock off, it is working fairly well though from time to time I have to put some strands of wire in the barrel connector otherwise it wouldn't make contact, but that may be due to my half broken power socket.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by luca View Post
No, it's the real ca-100 that has some circuitry to pump up the voltage, these cheap knock offs are just a piece of cable with 2 connectors.
Right. In order to more directly compare with the genuine article, the knock offs would need to include, as you put it, "some circuitry". Even if they did, they'd price nowhere near Nokia's offering though.

That seems a short, it could happen even with an original charger (though the quality control is in theory more strict...
That was my point, yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
exact same thing just happened to me. CA-100 cable from DealExtreme melted down. smells like your house is on fire. i need another one and wonder if i should take another chance.