Active Topics

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
A couple of questions I have been pondering and have not resolved in my head yet either.
When the N9 comes out with Meego on board the people that buy one, will you still come to meemo.org?
I ask as obviously there is now meego.com which will no doubt expand into a vibrant forum. The biggest plus for maemo ,n770,n800,n810 and n900, has and always will be this community and forum.
Will maemo.org expand with a Meego sub forum? Should it even encroach in that area?
I know people will still develop for maemo for many years to come but things move on with the times.I think it will be a very sad day if/when this community gets broken up into sub factions of OS's to come in the future.
What does everyone else think? Or indeed if any of the Admins/Mods know what is going to happen?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i would like that but i don`t know how it will be handled with meego...

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
i would like that but i don`t know how it will be handled with meego...
You would like what? That meemo.org expand to cover meego?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I'll be definately staying here. Don't like Meego.com at all. It's for people much smarter than me. Or members of Community Action Panel For Effective Working Group For Community Activation Activities. Oh and for people who can find the forum hidden under about 10 mouse clicks.

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-11-19 at 20:09.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I'll be definately staying here. Don't like Meego.com at all. It's for people much smarter than me. Or members of Community Action Panel For Effective Working Group For Community Activation Activities. Oh and for people who can find the forum hidden under about 10 mouse clicks.
Heh you can say that again.
If N9 will have harmattan inside then technically discussion about it should be here rather than on the Meego.com forum side.

Anyways love the layout of this forum and i doubt that N9 will lower the activity in here so i will be staying here for sure.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-11-19 at 20:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
IMO they shouldn't have split the community, instead of creating a parallel site they should have just redirected the URL on either site to a shared one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I believe that meego.com is supposed to be for MeeGo *development* only. They believe that device support should be separate from the forums there. From what I understood, if you have questions about how to use a particular api in the app you are developing, it's the right place. If you have questions about using an app or bug reports, etc (other than perhaps for core apps), wrong place. I don't think that there will be a N9 section in the forum.

I believe that there are already a couple of forums out there that are ready and waiting for meego devices. Frankly, I think TMO will be a ghost of its' former self within a year once a meego device appears.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Maybe the question should be when you buy an n9 will you still use maemo.org? :P

If I buy one, I will still use maemo.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think this is a dumb question. I will continue to come to maemo.org as long as it has things of value for me. Even if nuclear powered cell phones come out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I think there is a real sense of community here and we are familiar with this site. Also truth be told most members of the site are sort of anti-mainstream. It is expected that N9 will be a mainstream device unlike N900 which is a niche device. So I would expect that those of us that have been using this site since the N900 came out will continue to use it and the mainstream who have taken up meego will use meego.com. May be better that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego