Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Nice !
Trick with "september" worked for me, but...
1. In the first run i successfully downloaded Israel map, but it still show map in English.
2. In the second run and all other times it always show me "no internet connection" even if I connected to wifi or 3g. It happens also when internet connection changed, app can't find you online. Only reboot helps.
3. For some reasons it can't download Russian voice for voice navigation (Hebrew no exist). It only show black line and word "Downloading".
4. When you press on the icon in the left lower corner to get 3D view it always show message "Compass needs adjusting" -> press on it and move your phone until you feel a vibration. But you don't get vibration, just close this window.
5. Will try navigate later...
No need to reboot, just re-signing in seems to fix the no internet connection message. It's surprisingly good. Map scrolling is fluid, offline nav works well (slight delay when changing orientaton but aside from that awesone, hopefully someone can get a wrapper running that would feed old date to it without the need to change system date)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Oops so now there is no diffrence between wp and android
Microsoft has pureview, it is their main weapons

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Where is the source for this information?
I rather suspect that they may be getting confused over the HERE technology that powers Jolla's Maps application (and positioning services)

Glad this works ... because the version of Here on the Jolla is a travesty :-/

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
No need to reboot, just re-signing in seems to fix the no internet connection message.
Thanks for pointing this!

OK.. Navigation was fine, but I had 2 problems:
1. Screen was very darker in sunny day it's hard to see something... App don't have brightness setting, maybe the problem in the jolla itself. The Waze app is much better in this case.

2. Voice was very low even when connected to my BT parrot minikit (speaker). Also, no setting for this...

Some notes:
1. If you will start app when connected to 3G or wifi and it not changed/switched the download option work good (finally I downloaded Russian voice).
Now not so important, thanks to @szopin.

2. If you Mitakuulu user, I suggest you to "disconnect and quit" before you start to change system date to september and using Here. Otherwise Mitakuuku going to be crazy
You can see arrived messages on the notification screen, but when you open chat of this person you cant see this messages... Same with your messages, when you send you see your message, but if you will exit from chat and back again, you can't see your message...

3. I can do search by typing hebrew language even the map in english and it find addresses without any problem

Missing:
1. POI on the map (maybe need to play more with setting)
2. Speed cameras

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks for pointing this!

OK.. Navigation was fine, but I had 2 problems:
1. Screen was very darker in sunny day it's hard to see something... App don't have brightness setting, maybe the problem in the jolla itself. The Waze app is much better in this case.

2. Voice was very low even when connected to my BT parrot minikit (speaker). Also, no setting for this...

Some notes:
1. If you will start app when connected to 3G or wifi and it not changed/switched the download option work good (finally I downloaded Russian voice).
Now not so important, thanks to @szopin.

2. If you Mitakuulu user, I suggest you to "disconnect and quit" before you start to change system date to september and using Here. Otherwise Mitakuuku going to be crazy
You can see arrived messages on the notification screen, but when you open chat of this person you cant see this messages... Same with your messages, when you send you see your message, but if you will exit from chat and back again, you can't see your message...

3. I can do search by typing hebrew language even the map in english and it find addresses without any problem

Missing:
1. POI on the map (maybe need to play more with setting)
2. Speed cameras
Dark screen is a Jolla limitation... The screens that the Jolla have is pretty hard to see in a bright area

Sound issue is a Jolla bug for all Android apps. Download and install an equaliser app for android to boost the sound. I hope they will still fix this issue

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Jaracz View Post
HERE Maps don't even start on BB10 (tested yesterday, before expiration).

Strange, because the Maps from Google Play work pretty good on BB10...

So, Jolla's Android support is better here..?

Best regards,

Jaracz
which os version you are using ? and which phone ?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
HtheB, I know about both of this limitations and start to use Volume + and Music volume app for this many times ago.
In both cases Waze work much much better (brightness and volume) than Here without any changes in this settings that i did many times ago... :/
Will try tomorrow again...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
which os version you are using ? and which phone ?
Blackberry Z30.

Software Release: 10.2.2.932
OS Version: 10.2.2.1531

It says "Unfortunately, the app won't work on this device"..

Best regards,

Jaracz

Nokia 5110 --> Nokia 3210 --> Nokia 8210 --> Nokia 7250i --> Nokia 6500 Slide --> Nokia N97 mini --> Nokia N9 --> BB Z30 --> Jolla C

It's great if there will be proper offline navigation even as android app. Navigating is battery consuming anyway so extra consumption due to Dalvik doesn't matter. Of course native would be better, but I'm happy already if there is good android app

Tags
here maps, navigation