Closed Thread
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
how do i start a new thread? it seems like its gone all of a sudden ever since the new rules were put up

hi everybody, i m very new to maemo 5. i would like to know the default password of root. please help me out???

i do know that it could be got by installing rootsh but i dont know how to install it manually.

Look, I'm new, but so incredibly interested in this device and programming. I just want my god darn phone to work, got it on ebay, get's a memory error when opening anything. Flashed it with 3.5 flasher and followed these directions online,http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/, successfully flashed, rebooted the device settings and all, and it's still locked, not 12345 and nothing opens because of memory problem. try to update to maemo 5, but it says not enough memory in target location, some one PLEase help me, like I'm so sad, you don't understand.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Originally Posted by nokialove View Post
Look, I'm new, but so incredibly interested in this device and programming. I just want my god darn phone to work, got it on ebay, get's a memory error when opening anything. Flashed it with 3.5 flasher and followed these directions online,http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/, successfully flashed, rebooted the device settings and all, and it's still locked, not 12345 and nothing opens because of memory problem. try to update to maemo 5, but it says not enough memory in target location, some one PLEase help me, like I'm so sad, you don't understand.
you could contact the person you bought the phone from to see if they could give you the unlock code (if they changed it)

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Originally Posted by adeel-shahzad View Post
i do know that it could be got by installing rootsh but i dont know how to install it manually.
you can search for rootsh in app manager

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
How do you make the password input to turn into asterisks immediately without showing the actual letters/numbers first? By default, it takes about 0.5 sec to turn input password into asterisks. This is not the asterisked passcodes are used for lol. I'm paranoid when people can see me inputting my passwords.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Johannesburg, South Africa
Hey guys,

I've been using the N900 for quite a while now, but recently noticed that it is getting slow especially during video/audio playback - with jerks and intermittent pauses etc as if I'm playing a scratched disc.

I have attached a screen shot of my task list (top) and the used memory is about 231MB. This is just after re-booting the device.

I have MFE installed so modest is probably always running.
I also have the ShortcutD (proximity and camera) thing running.

I'm sure this isn't normal, so any suggestions on how to fix this (other than flashing the device)?

Thanks guys.
Attached Images

Hi,

Can someone please give me a link to somewhere I can download the unzip and unrar command line components that let me unzip etc using xarchiver?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Barks View Post
Hi,

Can someone please give me a link to somewhere I can download the unzip and unrar command line components that let me unzip etc using xarchiver?

Thanks.
Check out this thread

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted