Closed Thread
My new N900 has issue installing and uninstall applications now ><

I cannot install new app as it says operation failed when it tries to install.

I cannot uninstall any app as it says unable to uninstall [name of app] and it crashes the app manager

Please advise me on what I need to do ><

Thank you all in advance

Last edited by ryuzin82; 2010-09-23 at 04:14. Reason: adding thanks

Just upgraded from N95 8GB to N900 and completely love it apart from I don't seem to be able to my send e Mails from my virgin "pop" account at all, the outgoing server is different to the N95 as it was smtp.o2 .co.uk and it is now smtp.virgin.net - has anyone had the same problem and if so how do I remedy it

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Nigeria
Dear all
Nice to be here and hope its not too late to discover this forum.
I bought an N900 and only used for about four months before it was stolen from my house.
The police is not helpful here neither are the gsm providers.
please is there any way to disable this machine using the IMEI
Thanks
Samtee
Nigeria

I just want one thing, I am from Venezuela and i have lots of friends from europe and different places but i really want to have and space like this but in spanish... does anyone know any web page IN SPANISH to look for the new features and stuff to my n900???

OOrr I want you to have your permission to translate the download zone and public them into a blog but everything in spanish if it's no a problem...

Last edited by josdin13; 2010-10-02 at 15:34.

I've installed the 3G/2G dual mode selection applet, but I can't use it. It doesn't show up in any searches, doesn't show up when I go to add shortcut to desktop. The only way I can see it is by going to uninstall apps.
Any advice?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
this should help you...
Attached Images

Well dang me. I thought this thing would work like the other apps I've installed; click an icon to operate them.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
How I can list packages that are depended on Python?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Okey. I manged to get this far:

dpkg --status $(dpkg --get-selections | cut -f1) | grep "^Depends" |grep python

Problem is that it surely lists only python dependencies but in the same time it doesn´t show the original package name :| So how I can make list so that it also shows the original package name. Any testers around here to teach me

Reason for all this is that I´m starting to believe that python should be avoided for processes running constantly, like Eero said in bugzilla:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8723#c93

"...Using things like Python for always running processes is a really bad idea...."
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8723#c104

Needhelp in installing skype on n900

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted