Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I've seen a few people ask in threads but no answers..... Basically wondering if there was a way to get microb to redirect webpages automatically... mainly www.facebook.com to touch.facebook.com... that would mean the desktop widget would take you there rather than the full site.
Not sure how you would do it, but i'm sure someone here could figure it out?

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
You could use Greasemonkey.

The Following User Says Thank You to baksiidaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
One not ideal solution is to change your user agent to the iPhone one (either in the about:config in the web browser or by using the 'Hide User Agent' app). That will cause Facebook to serve you with the touch version automatically.

The side effect of this of course is that loads of other web sites are going to serve you with their iPhone-optimized version. And many of these are quite rubbish when browsing on a high-resolution screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to mehdiE For This Useful Post:
baksiidaa:

Thanks!, I've just been looking a the source code of a few scripts at userscripts.org and it seems like it would be easy to get greasemonkey to do what i'm looking for...

Problem is Greasemonkey doesnt seem to work...

I'll keep looking to see if I can find a way to get microb to recognise greasemonkey is installed i guess?

mehdiE:

Its an idea, like you said though probably not the ideal solution, might give it a shot if i cant get greasemonkey working..

I had a problem that Greasemonkey wasn't working, and solved it by uninstalling Greasemonkey, deleting the .mozilla folder, and reinstalling Greasemonkey. You'll lose saved passwords, and I can't guarantee that it will work, but you can give it a try.

Once/if you get it working, there's a really simple redirect method given at http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/patterns/redirect.html

Awesome... it worked, i just renamed .mozilla to .mozilla-backup to be safe and installed...took a bit of tweaking to get script working but all good now! thanks for your help

Glad it worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to baksiidaa For This Useful Post: