Hi there.

I just ordered sliding keyboard and 2 cases for n9.

Going to fit keyboard in second casing and trying to make it look more like a single device instead of "some keyboard attached the phone"

I just checked your youtube video, and only thing that disturbed me was the virtual keyboard.

Does anybody know the way to disable it? On n950 it doesn't appear if the keyboard is open, so there probarly should be some way to disable.

Best thing would be to be able to disable it in landscape mode, or when the bluetooth keyboard is connected, but disabling it completely would also be great, but limiting the usability to the landscape mode.

Last edited by JjyKs; 2012-09-16 at 03:48.

Originally Posted by JjyKs View Post
Hi there.

I just ordered sliding keyboard and 2 cases for n9.

Going to fit keyboard in second casing and trying to make it look more like a single device instead of "some keyboard attached the phone"

I just checked your youtube video, and only thing that disturbed me was the virtual keyboard.

Does anybody know the way to disable it? On n950 it doesn't appear if the keyboard is open, so there probarly should be some way to disable.

Best thing would be to be able to disable it in landscape mode, or when the bluetooth keyboard is connected, but disabling it completely would also be great, but limiting the usability to the landscape mode.
Download MesInput and install the "Empty for VNC" keyboard

It makes it only one row with Enter and stuff

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I am so happy in making my own hwkb! It is very sturdy for now, although the case and the slider was connected with tape :/ But hey, It works, and it works great!

Front: Fully open.

Side: Fully open.

Side: closed. It isn't as thick as it looks.

Back: Notice how i used tape to secure it (The rest of the tapes are in between the case and the slider, to make it cleaner and secure, I guess? :P)

What do you think?

PS: I'm not allow to drill :/ which is really bizzare, but I'm happy with what I got

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
PS: I'm not allow to drill :/ which is really bizzare, but I'm happy with what I got
Why not, did cops stop you from doing it?

Well, I'm not an adult :/ The problem I have with the keyboard though is that I have to reconnect everytime the keyboard goes to 'sleep'. Any fixes for this?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Well, I'm not an adult :/
Haha

AMD Mk II

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
HAHA
But anyway, any fix for disconnecting bluetooth keyboard?

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I'm working through a similar project. First ensure it is paired via btinput, then once paired with btinput, pair it through the device settings like you'd pair any normal bluetooth device. thats how i fixed my issue.

If you can't drill, is that electric? You can get handpowered drills which should be more than enough, its how I did my holes.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
damn, i really wish nokia released a real n9 with keyboard. One strong point from the N9 is the design and this looks awfully ugly...no ofense, it is a good work, but not as beautiful as the normal N9

@storm_11 when I connect with Bluetooth normally, the keys don't work, they only work when I pair through btinput. Can we somehow integrate btinput with the bluetooth settings though?

Tags
nokia n955