Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
If you are wanting to play pirated games, then you are pretty much stuffed for this gen. Both consoles will be subjected to Network and On Disk system updates that can revert any software changes made to the consoles. One good example I can give of this was a couple of years ago when MS left a good number of UK users with paper weights after an update was pushed down and bricked their chipped consoles. (haha)

As for the games consoles themselves, many do say that the Xbox is better for multi-platform games, which if you are not a developer means that the Microsoft does not have many Top tier 1st party games. Sony has many in house IP developers who are very good at pushing the envelope of the PS3 and then the 3rd party companies have become quite adept at masking over the short comings of both machines.

I have both machines and my preference goes to the PS3. If you are wanting to be cheap with you gaming habits the I would go for a ps3 too, you can get a greater number of online services for free and without the need to pay for an online subscription. That said though, see what your friends are playing as you would be able to buy/swap/share games with them.
Well, the trick is that all my friends have xboxes, so if I go for PS3 that'd be a problem.. Online gaming is not useful for me; as well as kinect, and I'm not a dev.. Actually, I'm very confused.. Each one grabs me to a side

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Yeah I know what you mean, they are both great in their own ways.

With the games that you listed in the OP, your friends all having Xboxes and the internet being out of the question then I would definitely go with the Xbox360.

Now you asked about the red ring of death earlier... This was a BIG problem for the earlier versions where they used poor quality solder on the mobo and inferior cooling compounds for the CPU, resulting in the separation of components when the Xbox started to over heat. The problems eventually became less frequent with later board revisions though and the latest model seems to be rather solid machines (OK they did take the LED out that displayed the Red Ring lol).

I would buy the new system too, as you will get the full store & manufactures warranty. Stay away from 2nd hand and return units!!! You can never be sure of their history.

*Disclaimer; I have known many people over the years that have gone through several Xboxes and I'm only speaking from their experiences and from those others who have reported this on the web. MY OWN Xbox is an original launch model (bought on the day of release in the UK) and has never faltered once, to the dismay of my friends. Lol

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why not both?

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
because he cannot afford both

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Why not both?

I'm flattered

@AMD

With all the details you've given me, I'd recommend the PS3 320GB Slim Model.

Why?
Its just a good a the Xbox 360 but it has the potential to be better for you in the future (Bluetooth, BluRay, 3D movies, 3D games, PS Move, TV recorder, Internet browse, free PSN) and its priced the same.

However, I would only recommend the Xbox 360 only if you are underage/poor and can borrow the games from your friends. Or if you are rich and online gaming is important to you.

I would make sure both the PS3 / Xbox are in a ventilated area so they both over-heat and explode. Neither have problems like the Red Ring or Yellow Light because of better QC in manufacturing.

I'm flattered

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I wan't a console that can run copies (I will not waste each $30 for one original game, I would much rather buy a cracked game for 0.99 Cents.)

I am a gamer, I tried extreme games on PC and wanna try it on consoles, so I need strong games just like:
-Upcoming GTA V
-BattleField 3
-Call Of Duty
-Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012
-Max Payne 3
-Mass Effect 3
-Saints Row 3
-L.A Noire
Thanks!
EDIT: Removed the hints.

Why not buy a new GPU for a desktop computer?

Remember to buy the cheapest model and just upgrade the HDD yourself.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-10-15 at 13:39.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
So TMO users now openly advocate piracy?

My website

GitHub

Wow, I didn't see that one about him pirating games.

In that case, don't buy the Xbox 360 or PS3... you're just adding to the filth.
"Buy" yourself the OUYA for $149 and wait for Q2 2013.

I'm flattered

Was playTV ever released in lebanon?

Got it myself and will admit that it is one cool feature of the ps3