Notices

@mdb666

Ah yes i knew that, he put together a package for me (which he has not officially released yet) and it didn't have that key configuration in it.

Cheers anyway.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Last edited by Bazza; 2011-02-19 at 10:03.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ Winterthur
I feel incredibly stupid but currently in Turrican II the only working keys are s and space. Some weeks ago I could move around quite well, jump, fire etc. even though I hat to use some strange keys. Now I got a zeemote and wanted to start some real gaming...

My platform is a N900 with Swiss German key layout. There's stuff like äöü and àéè there.

Navigating in the menu works well even though a bit funny. For down I need to press left, for up ä, for left . and for right, well, right. x is indeed selecting a disk and enter works as expected. r doesn't do a reset and l doesn't run anything. Shift is doing something which leads to an Error "no running". Therefore Shift + L or Shift + R can't be pressed. y doesn't seem to save a state - instead it's running the game (the one l should do).

Well, that's quite a chaos, but apparently inside the game there is an entirely different type of chaos I simply can't seem to find a way through...

Any idea what how I could have managed to produce that condition and how I might get back to normal?

Thanks for your time!

I have a UK keyboard so I don't know if this will apply exactly, but when you first load a game, the emulator is set to keyboard mode. If you press the blue diagonal arrow key (above shift and below ctrl on UK keyboard) and the space button at the same time, it will then toggle to joystick mode, which is what you need to play the game.In this way you can toggle between joystick mode, mouse mode and back to keyboard mode, etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdb666 For This Useful Post:
That was it! Looks like the last selection is saved. And since Fn (it might be called like that I guess... + Space counts as a normal spacebar in the game which uses up the few full-screen-eraser-shots you have I never did try that combination sufficiently often.

I guess I'll need keyboard mode for the zeemote... at least that's what will work with the zeecontrol mappings (which is what I made work so far in about 1 1/2h of educated guessing . Using it as a real joystick seems to be possible but it needs a bit more time and editing in the x-configuration.

Regards and many thanks again!

Nope, doesn't work with key mapping. When UAE4all is running the keymap changes therefore the mapping done before running UAE becomes invalid. But setting the mapping with a running UAE doesn't work either. . is considered "left" which is in fact true in UAE, but wen using the joystick that "left" is interpreted as "down". Same with "up" (Ä in sg-keymap and up in the keymap set by UAE/smoke). Pushing the joystick up makes the curser in the UAE menu go down.

Of course I don't ask to get predefined working configurations at once but I am puzzled since the thing I get shown differ quite a lot from the things that are actually done. How can the scancode for "." (key just right from the spacebar) be interpreted as a "left" when I press it in UAE but as a down (equally to the scancode for the key showing an arrow going left - the one just at the right of ".") when it gets sent to UAE through zeecontrol? It looks like zeecontrol is in fact sending another scancode than the keyboard does...

Well, maybe that's a question for the zeecontrol-board...

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Can anyone here please explain how exactly to load disks into the different drives (df0, df1, df2, df3)? As far as I can gather, in the ordinary UAE4ALL the drives are loaded using B for df0, Y for df1, A for df2 and X for df3.

In particular, if I have three disks that I want to be loaded into the first three drives before starting, how do I do that?

I've tried everything it seems, and still can't get my precious Moonstone to work I got some answers last time I asked -- http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=504 -- but still haven't been able to get it past the "Insert disk B into drive A" prompt in the game.

I recently ran WinUAE with the same kick.rom and game disks that I've been trying to run on the N900, and it seems to work perfectly. So I don't think the fault lies in either the kickrom or the disks.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
http://uae4all.csdprojects.co.uk/faq

Press Z to assign it to virtual floppy drive DF0 or X to assign it to DF1.
I believe UAE4All Maemo only supports two drives as more than that caused out of memory errors in some games due to it only emulating an A500.

WineUAE is much much MUCH more up-to-date than UAE4All Maemo, this is a really cut down version of an old UAE so it could be it simply doesn't work.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Thank you Alex.. should've read the FAQ more carefully, only read the "What are the controls" section.

It's now working better and Moonstone kind of works, which is great ;-)

There a problem though: the game is unresponsive once I switch to the menu (Fn + Backspace) and then back to the game (Backspace). No keys appear to work or anything, can only switch back to the menu. Has anyone experienced this and perhaps know a way to mend it?

I suppose there is no other way to load a different disk into one of the drives, other than to switch to the main menu?

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Its a fair point, I think I need to edit the FAQ titles as it could be clearer what is covered in each section.

Unfortunately I do not believe there is any other way to change the disks, although its been a while since I used UAE4All myself.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
I'm facing trouble on changing joystick/keyboard modes. When I press fn+space nothing happens. I have Scandinavian keyboard on my N900. Fn + enter and fn + backspace work as they should.
I had uae4all running fine on my previous device, but after replacing to a new one I'm facing this issue.