Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
There seems to be two devices? Two different buttons at the bottom of the device. Anyone now if there are any differences?
The first one definitely have a SGSIII kind of look (let's hope it has the specs), while the other one is more "generic" Samsung.

Samsung is also soon to reveal a WP8 device with SGSIII specs, if the rumors are correct, along with several WP8 tablets. If for no other reason than to kill Nokia for good.

So whatever will happen to Nokia and it's Windows strategy, Samsung has the best Android devices, it will have the best open source alternative (by far), and it will have the best WP devices.

If Nokia can't even kill itself properly, Samsung will make sure it happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Microsoft and Elop totally killed Nokia.

Elop: Ooops, Nokia kind of died?!
Ballmer: Oh well - s h i t happens.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by specc View Post
The first one definitely have a SGSIII kind of look (let's hope it has the specs), while the other one is more "generic" Samsung.

Samsung is also soon to reveal a WP8 device with SGSIII specs, if the rumors are correct, along with several WP8 tablets. If for no other reason than to kill Nokia for good.

So whatever will happen to Nokia and it's Windows strategy, Samsung has the best Android devices, it will have the best open source alternative (by far), and it will have the best WP devices.

If Nokia can't even kill itself properly, Samsung will make sure it happens.
Now you scared me. I belive monopolies are bad for various reasons and seems like Samsung is as good as there. Even Apple Product have Samsung stuff inside so it's technicaly not that much of a competitior. I also remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26MB4...feature=relmfu Did you know Samsung did this? It didn't go into Production (yet) and I fear there is more.

The Following User Says Thank You to unknown.obvious For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
is our N900 is capable enough to run tizen ?

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Am I the only one thinking the UI looks way to much like Android with a little pinch of IOS? And why make it so similar to there touchwiz UI? I would've thought they would bring some uniqueness to the platform, after all it's a brandnew OS and it should stick out from the other OS's.
All of the other OS's you can point out and have their own specific look, but this is not the case with Tizen imo. Hope this will change cuz this looks very promising otherwise.

Regards Dousan...

e: saw this statistics about who makes the most profit from smartphones, posted on a danish mobile site. Samsung and Apple took 99% of the profit and Apple was taking in the area of 60-65% of the total profit. So Samsung is deffo making big bucks in this market.
It went all the way back to 2007 were Nokia took over 50% of the profit and now you could only see a hair thin line representing them in Q1 2012.

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-05-09 at 05:28.

Samsung cant help it.. they made BADA and its also mocking Android/TouchWiz..

"maybe samsung think that their LOGO on phone is not enough to identify their brand"
maybe, thats why its TouchWiz everywhere

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
From a sales perspective its excellent to copy android. It the best selling os afterall. Samsung will be selling phones without sharing profit with Google. Plus, most users know how to operate their new phones immediately.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
Samsung cant help it.. they made BADA and its also mocking Android/TouchWiz..

"maybe samsung think that their LOGO on phone is not enough to identify their brand"
maybe, thats why its TouchWiz everywhere
That might be their strategy?
Then is Tizen just to please a minority, hackers, developers and modders? I think it won't bring over the average joe unless they will make top apps from android/ios available on the Tizen platform.
Then again it might be a smart thing to make it look similar to their Toucwiz UI overlay so people will feel familiar and at home when jumping ship and it won't be to much of a hassle to learn a new OS (here I'm talking about average joe/jane that just want's a smartohone that works with xyz apps.
Tizen looks pretty cool when comming to functionality and out of the box experience.
They should buy the pureview technology off Nokia and smack it in a Tizen device.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan