Notices

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
It does change the file from *.flv or *.mp4 to *.m4a, whatever youtube gives that ffmpeg can convert, as before with the convert to audio clickbox, it is now an opt-out of convert to audio if you put this in your main settings; and you still need ffmpeg.

Yeah, I was only referring to the output filename, "%f" > "%f".m4a. shouldn't there be a regex or something to strip %f of its original extension?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany, Wolfenbuettel
cutetube2 isn't allowing implicit bash-regexes like
Code:
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "%f" -vn -acodec copy `xxx="%f";${xxx%\.*}`.m4a
nor is there a strformat option (except for imagenumbering) or redericting on the same filename for replacing the downloaded video because it is blocking the downloaded source.

any other hints are welcome

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Not terribly important but while I did a search for lib mp3lame and found none, yet I remember fooling with a script on the N900 for software defined radio using a Realtek dongle and we were outputting mp3 files. It would be nice to script cutetube to output mp3 mostly for news, lectures, talkshows, and such with Panucci which will not play ogg or aac(m4a).

I also notice that WebM video is not processed by ffmpeg though mp4 and 3gp work as well as flv which I do not see often anymore.

Last edited by biketool; 2016-09-18 at 17:19.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by chrischras View Post
cutetube2 isn't allowing implicit bash-regexes like
Code:
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "%f" -vn -acodec copy `xxx="%f";${xxx%\.*}`.m4a
nor is there a strformat option (except for imagenumbering) or redericting on the same filename for replacing the downloaded video because it is blocking the downloaded source.

any other hints are welcome
isn't the shell on n900 busybox ash, therefore the command will be run using this interpreter...?

btw, have you tried
Code:
`basename "%f" ".mp4"`
?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Guys,
Local videos plugin isn't working anymore? I cannot even find it in the service selector.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
I am trying hard to install cutetube2 0.5.1 Maemo5 from the marxoft site directly on my CSSU thumb. Program manager tells me that there are missing packages:
libqtm-12
qdailymotion (>= 0.1.2)
qvimeo (>= 0.0.3)
qyoutube (>= 0.1.3)

In which repo are these packages located? How do you search for the location of such programs in repos?

Update: Got it. I included the recommended extras testing and devel repositories and installation was OK.

Last edited by ravelo; 2016-12-26 at 12:36. Reason: Update

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
Guys,
Local videos plugin isn't working anymore? I cannot even find it in the service selector.
I can confirm this, it's not available in the service selector for some reason. Running the latest version uploaded to extras devel, of both cuteTube2 and local videos plugin. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but no luck.

I'm not sure when this issue first occurred. Maybe some bug introduced in the latest build?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Here is a fix for non-working YT encrypted videos on N900, needs CSSU(testing or thumb):

http://46.249.74.23/libsoup/libsoup2...+0m5_armel.deb

Download the package to a directory of your choice.

One should manually install the needed libgnutls26 dependency before installing upgraded libsoup deb, make sure you have maemo extras enabled:

as root:
apt-get install libgnutls26

you'll also need libgpg-error0 from extras-devel:
enable extras-devel repo, update, close application manager and in terminal, as root:

apt-get install libgpg-error0

after that, as root:

dpkg -i $DOWNLOAD_DIR/libsoup2.4-1_2.30.2-1+squeeze1+0m5_armel.deb

if media-player is the player you use with cutetube2, a reboot is needed (or mafw-gst-renderer process restart) for the new library to take effect
so ive been getting the problem of "video cant be played"..i took a closer look at cutetube2 on marxian official website and realised that u can add your credentials to cutetube2 config. well i added my own api key n client iD. this time i was able to retrieve the details and playlists for my account...however still some videos couldnt be played. i then remembered the fix above and that i had flashed my phone since the last time i used that fix. i tried it n now i can play those videos again. well that was a surprise since i thought the updated versions had sorted that out. so for all those getting video cant be played u can try the above.

im very happy cos I love this app and my N900 is still the best media player for me!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
so ive been getting the problem of "video cant be played"..i took a closer look at cutetube2 on marxian official website and realised that u can add your credentials to cutetube2 config. well i added my own api key n client iD. this time i was able to retrieve the details and playlists for my account...however still some videos couldnt be played. i then remembered the fix above and that i had flashed my phone since the last time i used that fix. i tried it n now i can play those videos again. well that was a surprise since i thought the updated versions had sorted that out. so for all those getting video cant be played u can try the above.

im very happy cos I love this app and my N900 is still the best media player for me!
Unfortunately this only worked for a day and now back to the "no streams found".

However in case anyone is interested i have another method to actually watch in the browser or in a full screen window.

1. Delete any youtube cookies
2.change your useragent to an old firefox browser. I use that for firefox 23 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2;rv:22.0) Gecko/20130405 Firefox/23.0)
3.go into youtube.com. it will tell that your browser is deprecated n you should change. Say no thanks and look for your video

Eg donna lee -charlie parker

https:www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdD6XE9DtAE

4. To watch this video in browser just add "&nohtml5=1" like this

https:www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdD6XE9DtAE&nohtml5=1"

or in a seperate window just change the link to this by replacing "watch?v=" with "v/"

https:www.youtube.com/v/QdD6XE9DtAE

very annoying but it works 😀

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube