I've had a got at implementing a stripped down version of your GtkModule but have hit a problem. Whilst trying to build hildon-gtk-enty, im_context is now a part of GtkEntryPrivate rather than a GSEAL'd property in GtkEntry. As such I can't access it. Same with x_n_bytes, but I imagine I could just use a gtk_entry_get_text_length call instead.

Edit: I think the fix is going to be storing the mode in the widget itself and translating it to GtkInputHints/Purpose as I thought earlier.

Last edited by Android_808; 2017-01-22 at 20:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
The more I read of your solution, the more I like it. May mean I end up undoing a load of changes.
Keep in mind I did it just as a POC, I have no idea how functional it will be in real life

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I also looked at a Ubuntu module that messed around with the menus. Had a slightly different structure in the GtkModule. Basically does the same thing though. If it works, then it opens up any GTK2 version. For GTK3 it helps out with compatibility.

Have you tried all of the examples and tests?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I also looked at a Ubuntu module that messed around with the menus. Had a slightly different structure in the GtkModule. Basically does the same thing though. If it works, then it opens up any GTK2 version. For GTK3 it helps out with compatibility.

Have you tried all of the examples and tests?
Yes, most don;t work , but this is because I didn't implement the required functionality.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I'll let you know how it goes with my tests. I've got the following two undefined functions stopping them from building at the moment

hildon/hildon-color-button.c: gdk_draw_point
hildon/hildon-touch-selector.c: hildon_tree_view_set_hildon_ui_mode

Once there done I can test some of the GtkModule features I've put in so far.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I'll let you know how it goes with my tests. I've got the following two undefined functions stopping them from building at the moment

hildon/hildon-color-button.c: gdk_draw_point
hildon/hildon-touch-selector.c: hildon_tree_view_set_hildon_ui_mode

Once there done I can test some of the GtkModule features I've put in so far.
you're aware that there is another .so build by ("my") hildon you should load as GTK module? I am almost sure you know it, asking just in case

Community SSU developer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Yeah, but not sure how to load it. I guess GTK_MODULES would be the env var but not sure what process is for uninstalled module.

Edit: found --gtk-module parameters. Now just need to get it to load

Last edited by Android_808; 2017-01-23 at 18:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Down to 3 test failures in hildoncolorbutton or hildoncolorchooser. It segfaults, both have the same test names and output of where the test fails is "null"...very handy.

GtkModule is working OK so far with the limited implementation I have (tap and hold stripped out, no GtkIMContext, some functions just stubs/ifdef 0'd for now).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know off hand if DESKTOP_SESSION, XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP or XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP are set in Maemo (don't have device to hand at the moment). I'm pretty sure the last one isn't when I checked this morning.

I'm just thinking about a way to implement app menus in GTK3 if the current window manager isn't hildon-desktop/matchbox.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Does anyone know off hand if DESKTOP_SESSION, XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP or XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP are set in Maemo (don't have device to hand at the moment). I'm pretty sure the last one isn't when I checked this morning.

I'm just thinking about a way to implement app menus in GTK3 if the current window manager isn't hildon-desktop/matchbox.
"echo $DESKTOP_SESSION", "echo $XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP", and "echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP" all return empty strings when run via ash (busybox) on device (N900).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: