Hi !

I'm currently using 1.0.2.5, and unable to connect to wifi or mobile data networks. So I need to use tethering to get Internet from my PC.

However, it seems that the update check can't trigger if there is no connexion available. The update check won't even start, perhaps because no wifi or mobile connexion is available (right now, nothing happens. If I try to start it with the usb cable unplugged, the network picking interface appears).

I've been trying to do the update using pkcon and zypper. No luck so far, though I did a `zypper refresh` which refreshed the jolla repository, and `zypper dist-upgrade` updated some packages. So at least that works.

Is there any way to force the update check somehow ? Or to do the upgrade using pkcon or zypper ?

Last edited by plaristote; 2014-02-03 at 16:02.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
"version --dup" to do the update from commandline.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Thanks ! That helps a lot !

The command doesn't work, but the output seems to be pointing fingers at connman.
After refreshing the software list, I see this debug info three times:

Code:
[D] NetworkService::setPath:447 - void NetworkService::setPath(const QString&) "Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist"
It happens just after the "Refreshing software list" step.

After that, it doesn't seem to install anything, and asks me to reboot. Nothing changes after reboot though.

Connman doesn't work very well with me... I already have a big problems with it (after the first restart of the connman service, I lose Mobile Data support... and wifi never really worked, but that might not be connman's fault).

Any idea why connman is required by this command ? Or how I might bypass it ?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
can i suggest
ssu re 1.0.3.8
ssu up
ssu ur
zypper ref
zypper dup
or it can break something?

Well, looks like this worked. I've had a lot of updates to install, and it looks like i'm in 1.0.3.8 now.

It doesn't seem to have done any damage, though there were issues with some Here related packages.

Thanks !

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
can i suggest
ssu re 1.0.3.8
ssu up
ssu ur
zypper ref
zypper dup
I wouldn't recommend zypper dup, as that's not the complete upgrade. There are platform-specific zypp patterns to be installed as well.

I see your claim pycage. Would something like this solve the issue:

- Download the update with Jolla Store
- Do the update with zypper
- Re-tag the device as 1.0.2.5 (ssu re 1.0.2.5 ; ssu up ; ssu ur)
- Install the update with Jolla Store

Basically I gained the ability to do all that through the conventional means: I have a Wifi connection now, so I don't need the console anymore... except that the 1.0.3.8 install crashes because of some packaging issue.

So I tried this, and after using zypper to first upgrade the package, the install went well (or so it seems). Am I really in 1.0.3.8 now ?

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
can i suggest
ssu re 1.0.3.8
ssu up
ssu ur
zypper ref
zypper dup
Does it mean that 1.0.3.8 is ready to be installed and is useable now?

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Does it mean that 1.0.3.8 is ready to be installed and is useable now?
It is for Jolla device and not for N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post: