Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Now tested Nemo image, not working too :-( it show someting like systemd-fsck is in rescue mode and phone freeze...
I tested it few days ago, it is working(despite being slow as hell), there must be something wrong on your system.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Pali, better use int_ua's installer, it works for sure
and what is this installer doing? sorry but why to create something which create system image? this sounds like windows installation process

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I tested it few days ago, it is working(despite being slow as hell), there must be something wrong on your system.
I unpacked files from this image
http://repository.maemo.org/meego/Ne...cblk0p.raw.bz2
to one SD card partition and created bootmenu item file
It is not enought?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
and what is this installer doing? sorry but why to create something which create system image? this sounds like windows installation process
It is installing some additional packages , Nemo kernel and stuff like that. I don't think Ubuntu(stock image) has been tested on n900 anytime soon, that is why it does not boot at all if image is just dd'ed to sd card.

I unpacked files from this image
http://repository.maemo.org/meego/Ne...cblk0p.raw.bz2
to one SD card partition and created bootmenu item file
It is not enought?
just boot it with run sdboot

EDIT:
copying files to a partition won't work, you have to use image and dd it to sdcard

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
It is installing some additional packages , Nemo kernel and stuff like that. I don't think Ubuntu(stock image) has been tested on n900 anytime soon, that is why it does not boot at all if image is just dd'ed to sd card.
ah, ok. but I think that somebody could publish working image. it is really not good idea to have installer for arm devices...

just boot it with run sdboot

EDIT:
copying files to a partition won't work, you have to use image and dd it to sdcard
what dd my sd card? no!
Needs nemo image fixed partition? Then it is bad too! I want to have reparitioned my SD card as I want. And I want to have more OS.
So I cannot test nemo image...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I was able to boot ubuntu 12.04 using unknown's kernel and the new u-boot, no errors upon start up, hopefully it stays that way.

attached is item file I used..

some notes:

ITEM_DEVICE="${EXT_CARD}p1"
ITEM_FSTYPE="vfat"

refer to where the uImage is stored rather than where the root device is.

ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"

refer to the uImage name on the first partition of the sdcard, no need to copy the uImage to /boot for regenerating the boot menu.

ITEM_USEATAG=1 is used instead of ITEM_REUSEATAG=1, the system won't boot using the later.(this happens even when booting maemo with kp if ITEM_REUSEATAG=1 is used in KP item file)

remove the .txt extension from the file, copy it to /etc/bootmenu.d/

then run u-boot-update-bootmenu
Attached Files
File Type: txt 30-ubuntu-2.6.37.item.txt (259 Bytes, 122 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Hungary

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PanzerSajt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
I was able to boot ubuntu 12.04 using unknown's kernel and the new u-boot, no errors upon start up, hopefully it stays that way.

some notes:

ITEM_FSTYPE="vfat"

ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"

refer to the uImage name on the first partition of the sdcard, no need to copy the uImage to /boot for regenerating the boot menu.

ITEM_USEATAG=1 is used instead of ITEM_REUSEATAG=1, the system won't boot using the later.(this happens even when booting maemo with kp if ITEM_REUSEATAG=1 is used in KP item file)

Thanks for reporting.
I'm about to give it a try here. (repartitioning the emmc atm)

So all thats left is for unknown obvious to recompile the kernel for armhf and we're set?

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post

some notes:

ITEM_FSTYPE="vfat"

ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"

This worked great for me with kubuntu 11.10. Then I tried to install the powervr drivers but dkms failed and broke stuff.

it seems there are some files missing in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/include/asm/mach/ I believe dkms was complaining about memory.h.

According to what I read here: http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums...ic.php?p=14532 it should be fixable by copying in the files from the unknown.obvious's source package in /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/ to /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/mach/

I'll let you guys know how that worked. It would be pretty groovy to get kwin with GLES working. Unfortunately, according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/OMAP/Graphics , Ti doesn't compile the sgx drivers for armhf, so 12.04 may be a no-go in that department.

EDIT: Nope. still getting /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/include/asm/memory.h:18:25: fatal error: mach/memory.h: No such file or directory

also tried copying files to /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/mach and /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/mach

i think i need this stuff:
usr/src/linux-source-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/mach-omap2/include/mach/ the board-rx51.h looks promising.

Last edited by preflex; 2012-05-08 at 02:13. Reason: clarification

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Ok, I added /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/ to headers in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/plat/

Dkms still isn't making it, but getting closer.

Unfortunately, here i'm a bit stuck.

Code:
# cat build.log 
DKMS make.log for powervr-omap3-4.00.00.01 for kernel 2.6.37-n900 (armel)
Tue May  8 04:32:29 UTC 2012
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.37-n900/build M=`pwd` 
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900'
  LD      /var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/built-in.o
  CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.o
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c:133:5: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c:133:5: warning: (near initialization for ‘bc_cat_fops.unlocked_ioctl’) [enabled by default]
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice1’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c:150:36: warning: array subscript is above array bounds [-Warray-bounds]
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice2’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c:150:36: warning: array subscript is above array bounds [-Warray-bounds]
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice3’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice4’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice5’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice6’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice7’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice8’:
/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.c: In function ‘OpenBCDevice9’:
scripts/basic/fixdep: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
make[3]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bc_cat.o] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build/services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti] Error 2
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/powervr-omap3/4.00.00.01/build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: